• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

FLAWLESS 17" Long Beach Rims + Tires ONLY 1600 Miles FOR SALE

ceboyd

Veteran Member
I'm advertising on behalf of my best friend.

These are FLAWLESS - AS NEW!!!

Factory OEM Long Beach Wheels with practically new Michelin tires off a brand new 2003 which was is getting brand new 18" prodrive wheels and tires from TireRack.

There is NO Marks whatsoever on these wheels!!!

...and the tires are just about like new at this point with well under 2000 miles!

These are the Factory rims that came on the car with the factory mounted Michelin Pilots sized at 225 45 17.

Price is a FIRM $1000 and local Chicagoland pickup is welcomed and encouraged for cash 'n carry or they can be shipped via UPS at the buyers expense! Email me or post here if you are seriously interested in these!

The new owner will NOT be dissappointed as these are factory OEM like new and NOT cheap aftermarket replica take-offs with cheap Kumo, Nitto or other off brand cheapie tires often seen elsewhere for sale for less $$!

[ February 26, 2003, 09:43: Message edited by: ceboyd ]

ceboyd

Veteran Member
PLEASE NOTE: THE NEW WHEELS AND TIRES FROM TIRE RACK ARRIVED TODAY (2/26/03) so THESE long beach rims and tires are NOW available for IMMEDIATE delivery

[ February 26, 2003, 14:39: Message edited by: ceboyd ]

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Price is to high!
These are going for between 450 (no tires) and 800 new tires everyday on the vortex.
750.00 and I will drive to you to pick-up.

ceboyd

Veteran Member
These are selling for over $1000 on ebay! A set just sold recently for $1030 and they already had 10,000 miles on the tires!!!!

These are OEM -- not cheap aftermarket replicas!

They are AS NEW!

These wheels go for over $400 EACH at the dealer and the tires are over $200 EACH at the dealer.

The price is FIRM.

If you think you can buy them elsewhere for cheaper in better condition, then by all means, DO IT!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You will not sell them here or on Vortex for that price.....
So don't waste your time! put them on E-Bay now.
I want a set I am not going to pay that for them.
Good luck to you.
Buy the way,on my last Ebay deal, I got Ripped off and am still trying to collect my money, I am getting ready to file charges on this guy!

ceboyd

Veteran Member
no problem.....

I see you aren't as picky about condition or mileage or type of tires so you should easily find a set in the price range you are looking for.

Ebay offeres buyer protection which vwvortex or this forum does not. If you had a problem on ebay as a buyer, you should be covered under that policy.

I already have a positive reference from selling my own stock 16" rims and tires to someone else on this forum and a very good ebay seller record.

Good luck to you too!

I saw a set of wheels alone sell for $640 on ebay and for $550 on vwvortex so obviously Ebay is the better route to go for pristine wheels and tires!

...like I said, I thought I'd try the forums first... no biggie if a forum member doesn't jump at them...

Mileage Dude

Veteran Member
ceboyd,

The tires are very expensive in 17" and run about $150 ea alone. That's $600 worth of tire alone. Those rims are great rims and a good size. Again, a set of cheap Motegi MR7 or MR8 in that size, 17" go for $130-$140 ea. So your deal is a good price, no spacers needed and VAG approved.

If I had the money I'd jimp on the rims your friend is offering. On a TDi though your Long Beach rims weigh in a lot. Oddly I just bought a set of forged alloyed Audi TT 5-spoke rims and tires for $800 on Vortex [17"] and weigh about 7 lbs less a rim than the Long Beach. On a TDi static weight and unsprung weight have mileage impact, some big time mileage impact. That's why I run a set of Motegi MR7 20 lb 16" 7.0 width rims [$105 ea.] for the winter time. Those MR7 rims weigh in at 20 lbs ea. [16"] and the stock GLS alloys were about 24lbs [15"].

So all I'm saying is, your deal is sweet cuz it's a great tire, great size rim, good looking rim, perfect shape and longevity is good for 40,000 miles on that rubber alone.

On a TDi it's a 10% reduction in gas mileage and... well, these guys are big on gas mileage. They're buying an expensive diesel not for VR6 or 18.T looks, ...at least that's my impression.

Good luck.

MD