TDI to SDI conversion?

BeatJumper

TDI
Ibiza sport PD130
My brother bought a pd115 AJM Audi A4 with a blown turbo :confused: because he needed a cheap runaround. he got to my house and no oil on the dipstick as well as smoke out the back. We take off the inlet and stuff and the compressor wheel can rub against the housing!
Now what we'll ideally do is remove the turbocharger and replace the cartridge and the feed line i broke :eek:

Considering the unknown history, high mileage, and my brothers budget i was wondering if we could block the oil line and direct the air from the filter to the intake manifold? I could also give it a little remap.

'm also having trouble removing the turbo; if i try remove the manifold i think it'll hit the cars frame and won't come off the studs. If i try removing the 3 turbo-to-manifold nuts the 12mm slips. Anyone got any advice?

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Can you pull the intake manifold? That is what is suggested for the MKIV's we have here to pull the turbo.

luke.weiser

TDI
1998 Jetta MK3
Someone on here did it to a Golf. He blocked the oil feed at the source by removing the bung and threading in a fitted bolt. Did 0-60 in 40-60 seconds, depending on outdoor temperature I assume.

BeatJumper

TDI
Ibiza sport PD130
Thanks for the thread link, It seems like a good option.
I've pulled the intake manifold and undone all the exhaust manifold + downpipe bolts. I'll have another go at removing the turbo on the weekend. Engine is longitudinally mounted.