starter solenoid wire connection help

JVT

TDI
1.9 diesel pistenbully
Anyone have a tip for a more secure solenoid wire connection? I run my tdi strictly off road and the starter wire slips off. It is steel and soldering may not work. It looks to small for a bolt.
This is my starter.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
You need to squeeze the spade style connector bits closer together so that it is really hard to push on.

Also, use a zip tie to secure the wire so there's no flopping when your off-road machine is bouncing around!

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
I've read that some folks take a thick strip of copper, size and bend to fit, and drill out for the connections- no soldering or connectors needed! Of course, you need to put something like shrink-wrap on it for insulation.

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
I don't know what year starter you've got there, but I believe my alh starters have a locking connector on the solenoid start wire.

JVT

TDI
1.9 diesel pistenbully
I don't know what year starter you've got there, but I believe my alh starters have a locking connector on the solenoid start wire.
AVM 1.9
I almost had to walk 9 miles yesterday.so i want it fastened tight.
It is in a german snowcat. The wire slides over the connector at the end of the line. You see the edge of it behind the white wire.