View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:01   #10
Reshelman

I was hoping someon here could give me a little insight to what's going on here. I figured I would just add to this thread since it's kinda the same. I have a 2006 Jetta that needed a lock cylinder and housing replaced.

After waiting a week for the lock cylinder to show up at vw I got it yesterday. I attached the housing to the column just finger tight so I didn't shear the bolts right away in case of a problem. Well I slide the lock cylinder in with it on the ON position and all I have is ON and Start no OFF. So I popped it back off ran to vw quick because I cannot release the cyl. They say it's junk and I tried to assemble it away from the column which wasn't true. So I bought another housing and went home to drill the release.

I released and played with that for awhile and seemed to me it was still fine. I eventually did jamb it with a screwdriver playing with it. Oh well but now I know what they were thinking I did.

So anyway I tried this new housing and it does exact same thing...I have ON and START no OFF. I'm about ready to light this car on fire.
Reshelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06334 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.84 Kb. compressed to 13.41 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.64%)]