Mikey141414's new 2000 Jetta!!!

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Sonata Plug in Hybrid
True that! Thanks for the heads up!

Well, the saga continues.. I started hearing this weird noise right after startup that sounded like a high powered drill. I think I have narrowed it down to the serpentine tensioner. Probably the bearings are shot. So, I need to find one quick. The last one I got from Vee Village for the wife's Jetta for like $140. ouch! Any ideas on a cheaper source?

And, I'm not sure my frost heater is working and my heated seats aren't working. Agghh.. Just in time for winter.

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Just bought a new tensioner for $98 from idparts. Also got a vacuum pump seal to try and seal up some leakage. Wheww! never ending, but fun?

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
So, been a bit since I updated this thread. I got the tensioner in without any issues. I still haven't got the vacuum seal in, but it is on my list. I bought a DC Stage 1 clutch kit from Bleached Bora a few weeks ago. Still waiting on it to come in so Coolairvw and I can put it in. I have been experiencing some slippage up around 3-4K and sometimes lower when I'm stomping on it. Also, I think that some of that smell I have been smelling is from a worn clutch. I also ordered a rear main seal.

Today I have been stuck at work for a 12 hour inventory that I don't do anything. I brought in my Wii, but soon went to the TDIClub/Vortex classifieds. I bought a Kerma Widget (metal fuel filter tee) and a boost valve controller. Looking forward to getting those in soon as well.

My car has been having a hard time getting warm and then staying warm. I changed out the temperature sensor and it didn't really have any effect. I did lose some coolant in the process and just used distilled water to top it off. I wonder if I drained a bit and filled back with the proper amount, using one of those little ball thingies, that some of my heat would come back? I just replaced the thermostat last summer when we did the TB.

Looking forward to the GTG in KC the end of February at Richard's!!

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
I have been looking for an 11mm pump for a long time now. But, I just realized last night, that I already own an 11mm pump! It just happens to currently be on my wife's automatic... She has .184 injectors and the 11mm pump. I have PP520(.205) and the 10mm pump. How much performance loss would I see in her car and how much gain will I see in my car? I have a DC Stage I clutch ordered (357 ft/lb). I am planning on a VNT17 and a tune soon as well. This seems like a fairly common set up.

But I really want to know what to expect with my wife's car.
thanks!!!!!

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
I am thinking of selling/trading my Jetta. Anyone interested? I would like to try and get around $5,000 for it. I would also consider a trade for a Passat Wagon, Eurovan, or other mini-van.

Let me know!

mikey

Woodrobin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I am thinking of selling/trading my Jetta. Anyone interested? I would like to try and get around $5,000 for it. I would also consider a trade for a Passat Wagon, Eurovan, or other mini-van.
Let me know!
mikey
I'd be interested. I'm in Topeka, KS, so getting a chance to come take a look at it shouldn't be terribly hard to manage. :)

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Well... actually, we had a baby! Audrey Rose Fletcher. 9lbs 9 oz. born on 3/27/12. If you care about pictures of incredibly cute babies, then check out this link:

https://plus.google.com/photos/1076...s/5716185524632369057?authkey=CMOurNTT08eh3wE

So, yeah, that is why I am looking for a larger car. An infant seat just doesn't fit in the back of a Jetta! I know it's temporary, but I really want room for the 3rd person in our family and our 2 dogs. Passat wagon, Eurovan, mini van, Element, Aztec, etc.

Thanks!
mikey

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
@ Dogdots I guess that is only fair. A "finder's fee" of sorts?

A GTG sounds good. I still have the 03, so I'm in the club still. Is there a thread for it yet?

mikey

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Well... actually, we had a baby! Audrey Rose Fletcher. 9lbs 9 oz. born on 3/27/12. If you care about pictures of incredibly cute babies, then check out this link:
https://plus.google.com/photos/1076...s/5716185524632369057?authkey=CMOurNTT08eh3wE
So, yeah, that is why I am looking for a larger car. An infant seat just doesn't fit in the back of a Jetta! I know it's temporary, but I really want room for the 3rd person in our family and our 2 dogs. Passat wagon, Eurovan, mini van, Element, Aztec, etc.
Thanks!
mikey
Congratulations on the birth (or future birth as that date has not come yet) of your child!

I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling with gas prices climbing at a fairly steady rate. Good luck!

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
He He :D

Congrats on the baby !!! I am not really in the market for a new tdi I was just being funny about a discount.

We don't have a thread for the GTG yet, trying to get some work done at the shop so there is room to park for a GTG :rolleyes:

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, it is official. I am going to put up an ad in the classified section and local craigslist. I am going to start at $5000 and see what happens.

Wish me luck!!

mikey

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, I decided to take the ad down. We drove up to KC in the Jetta with the baby, and 2 dogs. It worked just fine. We figured there is really no other car that can get us as good as MPG and have such great support when things fail. On that note, Chad here in Wichita at Eurotech, resealed my wife's Jetta's IP last week. It runs great!

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Well, I decided to take the ad down. We drove up to KC in the Jetta with the baby, and 2 dogs. It worked just fine. We figured there is really no other car that can get us as good as MPG and have such great support when things fail. On that note, Chad here in Wichita at Eurotech, resealed my wife's Jetta's IP last week. It runs great!
Glad to hear its working out for you and your not selling after all.

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi, 6sp manual
Well, I decided to take the ad down. We drove up to KC in the Jetta with the baby, and 2 dogs. It worked just fine. We figured there is really no other car that can get us as good as MPG and have such great support when things fail. On that note, Chad here in Wichita at Eurotec, resealed my wife's Jetta's IP last week. It runs great!
That thing has another 100K in it! Glad to hear you are keeping it:)

Chad@EuroTec

Vendor
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi, 6sp manual
That thing has another 100K in it! Glad to hear you are keeping it:)

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
I haven't really done much the Jetta lately, but I wanted to do a quick update to keep this virtual timeline going.

Daughter born Feb. 27
Moved to KC May 25

I acquired a trailer hitch yesterday and am ooking forward to installing it and getting a cargo basket and a small trailer for hauling little things like lumber, mulch, rocks, etc. for the new house.

I need to get oil changed and track down some noises from the front end suspension.