View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 19:41   #60
2000BlueJ
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2000 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 53 best, worst 34

Ok so apparently 'this afternoon' meant two months from now... Lol. Had the car towed to my friend's parents house and thats where the work began...

Pulled the head to find this...

Pretty obvious timing jumped a tooth which was just enough for the piston to high five the valves.

Took a trip to Vegas for a weekend and took my mind off the car issue with some good ol booze while getting a tour of the strip/Freemont St by Elvis on a double decker bus.

Got a call from a buddy sayinghe bought a totalled car and will sell me the complete motor out of an automatic Jetta with 139k miles and interior (I've been wanting to do a black swap for a while) for $1200. SOLD!

Took a day and pulled both motors in 8 hours.

Took advantage of my girlfriends dad being out here from CA with his truck and the use of my buddy's trailer to tow the car to my house to drop the 'new' motor in. 7.3 baby...

This was after 10 hours put into it after it got to my house

3 more man hours and this was probably the best afternoon I have had in a while...

I havent had a chance to swap my 5spd nozzles into the motor but with stock auto nozzles and the 11mm pump I'm actually impressed on the get up and go. I was planning on buying another PP520 but I feel that might be too much for the stock clutch.

Picked up a GLI lip from my friend Craig for $10, needs some patch work but for the price I'll live!

My ride and my friend Foster's Audi with a TDI swap and some nice upgrades under the hood.

The best place to get cheeseburgers in central Maine!

Thats about it folks, car is still running strong at around 50 mpg, little less with the Thule rack and kayak racks on. Ill have some more pics sometime when I tweak up the hood gap, get my grill painted and back on (the one in the pics was a crappy one and I sold it) and Joey modded lights... Thanks for lookin!

Dan

VCDS and timing belt tools
2000BlueJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06677 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.45 Kb. compressed to 15.88 Kb. by saving 1.57 Kb. (9.02%)]