Error Code 19561 and 16764

ameoba

TDI
2014 Touareg TDI, 1980 Dasher Diesel wagon (gone), 1982 Rabbit Diesel (also gone)
Pulled from a 2000 Jetta TDI (my father's), no mods. I have the Vag-Com for my Passats (02 and 03). My dad has been in VW diesels since 1980 (Dasher wagon - which ended up being my first car in 1989....) - so we both know our way around....

2 Faults Found:
19561 - Valve for Intake Manifold Flap (N239): Open or Short to Ground
P3105 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16764 - Glow Plug/Heater (Q6) Circuit: Malfunction
P0380 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

When I go into measuring blocks and check glow status, I get conflicting results. Sometimes I get 1111111 and sometimes I get 1011000. Codes come back at start up, but not all the time (after clearing). Is this a GP issue or something else?

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

jblue

I got these same codes yesterday

Hi,

I just got a CEL, also with the same 2 codes posted above (16764, and 19561). I'm interested in what the problem & fix was Amoebe or anyone else that has experienced this combination of fault codes?

Thanks,
Jason

jblue

Diagnosed

Well, 10 minutes of investigation identified the problems for both codes thanks to all of the excellent posts in this forum (Wingnut's glow plug post, and posts related to fault code 19561).

16764 - Glow Plug Heater (Q6) Circuit: Malfunction: This was due to one bad glow plug.

19561 - Valve for Intake Manifold Flap (N239): This was due to a snapped wire going to the N239 module. Wire insulation for both were totally exposed, and one snapped.

Well, time to fix these up!

Jason

Chams

TDI
jetta 2002
19561 p3105 Error Code

Hi!
I got the [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']19561 p3105 error code in my car. Jetta 2002 TDI.[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] Do you know where can I find the procedure to check the Valve for Intake Manifold Flap system? [/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] I am not too familiar with this but I am very proactive and want to learn![/FONT]

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Chams said:
Hi!
I got the 19561 p3105 error code in my car. Jetta 2002 TDI.

Do you know where can I find the procedure to check the Valve for Intake Manifold Flap system?

I am not too familiar with this but I am very proactive and want to learn!
First you can check to see if your intake flapper (also known as anti-shudder valve) is working. Watch it when someone else turns your engine off. Does it close for a second or two?

This valve is located on the inlet to the EGR valve. This valve has a horizontal shaft that is oriented fore and aft. Here is a picture of it open.

[/IMG]

and here is a picture of it closed.

[/IMG]

Closer view of the anti shudder valve open.

[/IMG]

If you take the large hose clamp off and look down the pipe, then you can see the actual valve internals open and close. Expect this to be oily and a bit grungy. Further down it will be very nasty looking, where your EGR valve dumps in soot. The soot mixes with the oil and cakes up quite a bit.

But what you are immediately interested in is whether or not the valve opens and closes.

A rubber hose leads to the dashpot (vacuum motor) that pulls on the shaft when vacuum is applied. The vacuum is controlled by a small solenoid valve kind of hidden under the intake runner, but you can find it if you try, by tracing the hose back to it.

The code you are getting is indicating that you have a problem in the wiring to the solenoid valve or the solenoid valve itself. It is most probably the wiring, not the solenoid.

A close inspection of the wiring will probably show a break in the wiring, or a chafed spot in the insulation.

So that is your second step.

Please thank Compu 85 and Left Coast Resident for the nice photos and illustrations.
[/IMG]