Timing belt fun in Ohio. :)

ITTDidude

TDI
04 Jetta sedan
Hello Fellow TDi folks..

Originally I posted this in the MK5 location by mistake, and was pointed here for potentially more exposure.. thanks in advance folks!

I recently purchased a lightly used MK4 Jetta TDi Sedan(2004). It currently has 298k on the clock, and it is due for the timing belt maint. I live in Ohio near Columbus, and was wondering if there were folks in this area who were familiar with the timing belt job for this one and I would like to replace the seals too as they are now weeping or slightly more than weeping.

So my question is: Are there any folks in this area that are willing to do the timing belt maint including the seals for a reasonable price, I can do the wrenching but it sounds like I will need to purchase some additional tools for the job.. And it sounds like I should consider connecting the car to a VAGCOM once the job is completed to confirm the timing is solid..(Which I do not currently have, and also an additional cost.)

My experience is only on Gas cars to this point, a decent amount, approx 35 yrs worth..

Please let me know if anyone is interested, or can connect me to someone who is, and I apologize if this is not the correct method for asking for this type of help, new to the forum/Club..

thanks in advance for any info regarding this request..:D

Dean

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Try Kraiger in Lima, OH... he's a member on here and has personally done work for me...