Fenderexit exhaust

that tdi guy

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9l BRM
Alright, I'm really getting bored with my 2.25 inch straight pipe, and 4 inch tip. I really can't hear the exhaust, due to the fact the exhaust just shoots straight out the back, and away from my ears. I want to do something to my exhaust, to make it so that I can hear that glorious exhaust note, and turbo whistle. I like the idea of a fender exit, and I think it would really make the car stick out, but I'm not stuck on that idea. If anyone has any idea that is cheaper, and works just as well, I'm all ears. I just want to be able to hear my exhaust! Thanks in advance!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, no. Sounds cool... at first. Then it gets old. REALLY old.

BTDT.

Just have any decent exhaust shop fab you up something and dump it out the left side of the car, ahead of the rear wheel. Get a space blanket chunk to go around the parking brake cable on that side to protect it from the heat.

It does sound neat, but not something I would want to drive every day.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
Alright, I'm really getting bored with my 2.25 inch straight pipe, and 4 inch tip. I really can't hear the exhaust, due to the fact the exhaust just shoots straight out the back, and away from my ears. I want to do something to my exhaust, to make it so that I can hear that glorious exhaust note, and turbo whistle!
I have a better idea for you.....at the turbo exit, simply put in a mandrel 90 and run it straight thru the firewall into the cabin. Get creative and tie it into one of the dash vents....then you'll get all that glorious noise and hear the turbo whistle no matter what the weather might be...windows up OR down....for a little while anyway. :D

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I have a better idea for you.....at the turbo exit, simply put in a mandrel 90 and run it straight thru the firewall into the cabin. Get creative and tie it into one of the dash vents....then you'll get all that glorious noise and hear the turbo whistle no matter what the weather might be...windows up OR down....for a little while anyway. :D
I understand were you are coming from. What you are saying, in a round about way, is that a TDI does not sound like a dinosaur gasser V8 because it isn't.

OH's idea is actually doable for not to much money and would make at least some difference in perceived sound.