TDIFest 2012 coming to Ypsilanti, MI

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I'm registered (I think, the process was a little convoluted).

Yep, received confirmation from PayPal

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
osCommerce isn't really designed for what we're doing with it, but it gets the job done. :eek:

I just checked your order and it looks good. You didn't add the Saturday night event - just making sure that was intentional.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
osCommerce isn't really designed for what we're doing with it, but it gets the job done. :eek:

I just checked your order and it looks good. You didn't add the Saturday night event - just making sure that was intentional.
All I saw was a Friday Meet/greet, Saturday Brunch, and Sunday dinner. Then when I went to checkout, all the cart list were the Saturday Brunch and Sunday Dinner; it had dropped the basic registration! So I had to go back and start again.

I just went back and looked at the list of "options"; from top to bottom:

Children's Menu- Saturday Brunch
Childrens Menu - Sunday Banquet
Show and Shine
Friday Meet & Greet
Kart 2 Kart
Saturday Brunch
Sunday Awards Banquet

At the bottom it says: "Showing 1 to 7 (of 7 products)" and "Result pages: 1"

Nothing about Saturday night that I can see.

Here is what the email I received shows:

TDIFest 2012
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 25
Detailed Invoice: (deleted link)
Date Ordered: Wednesday 23 May, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Sunday Awards Banquet & Auction (banquet) = $49
1 x Saturday Brunch & Speaker Session (brunch) = $20
1 x *Registration (Required) (festregis2) = $45

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If you don't mind, please shoot me a PM with what browser and operating system you're using. We have had a couple of glitches like that in the past (a handful per year) and have never really been able to diagnose it.

If you'd like to add anything else to your cart, you can log back in using your email address and password and add any remaining items that may have been missed or removed by the system.

Forgot to mention, Saturday night's event is labeled as Kart 2 Kart ... http://tdiclub.com/tdifest/tdifest2012/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=14&products_id=75

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PM sent.

Yes, I was not interested in the Karting event. Perhaps you could add the word "Saturday" in front of "Kart..."?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
All I saw was a Friday Meet/greet, Saturday Brunch, and Sunday dinner. Then when I went to checkout, all the cart list were the Saturday Brunch and Sunday Dinner; it had dropped the basic registration! So I had to go back and start again.
similar situation, but discovered that adding items one by one, and going back to shop for more, allowed me to add items without having to restart everything.
XP SP3 and Firefox 12.0

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, I had added the items one-by-one, starting with the basic registration, but when I got to the check out, item #1 had disappeared. Thus I had to go back to add item #1 again. Which is why on my receipt, it is listed as item #3.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We're working on getting a better system in place for future years.

In the interim, make sure you check your shopping carts carefully before checking out. Also check PayPal to make sure the amount is correct (nothing has disappeared).

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
You need to get a picture of the back-end of a Prius and paste it on the back of the Passat, so people flying up behind you know you are moving so slowly.
That's DAMN funny...:D:D:D:D...OMG, cant stop laughing heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee(going to pee myself:eek: )

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Any confirmation to what vendors will be there?

I have to work that day and I would only be stopping by to get tuned at a hopefully discounted rate.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None

I have to work that day and I would only be stopping by to get tuned at a hopefully discounted rate.
We are still working on the vendors. We will let you all know when we get a few vendors confirmed.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

Even when it is planned it is not quite that simple..... there is a sign up list placed by the trailer and he goes by the list in order of the signatures.....So you cant just show up and get service.....

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I spoke with Jeff @ Rocketchip yesterday and he will be at TDIFest. Expect a long list for tunes.

TDIFest is 3 days, so which "that day" are you referring to?

Charrigan

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Even when it is planned it is not quite that simple..... there is a sign up list placed by the trailer and he goes by the list in order of the signatures.....So you cant just show up and get service.....

I'm pretty sure most vendors have people pre-pay and have tune times setup well before the actual day. I see in past threads Malone had this. I'm not sure with other vendors.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I'm pretty sure most vendors have people pre-pay and have tune times setup well before the actual day. I see in past threads Malone had this. I'm not sure with other vendors.
Tom's got it right for RC. But each Vendor has their own methods.
GTG's and TDIFest are completely different animals and events and sales are run very differently as well.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
And always, always, always stick with the reputable, trusted tuners.

Charrigan said:
Have any tuners ever done pre-paid tunes at a Fest? I've only been to the last four Fests, but don't recall ever seeing this done or reading about at the other Fests.

The other thing to realize is that CR-TDIs take longer to tune as the ECU must be removed from the car.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I have never heard of any tuners doing pre-paid tunes at TDIFest. It has always been first come, first served via "the list."

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
That said, if you've got something weird that can be pre-prepared (such as a pre-2000 Mk4, that needs to be socketed), you might let your tuner of choice know before they leave for Fest - they may be able to get an ECU ready for you, so they can just swap ECUs, rather than solder on your ECU while everyone else waits.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Any ETA on the vendor list? I want to see about ordering some items and pick them up at the fest.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Any ETA on the vendor list? I want to see about ordering some items and pick them up at the fest.

We are working on getting our letters and invites out to the various vendors. Once we get several commitments from vendors we will start a thread and list them.

Thanks for your patience.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The current vendors who are registered are marked in BOLD in the Who's Registered thread.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yes indeed - bold indicates participating vendors. :)

As Airwolf mentioned, we will start an actual vendor thread in the near future - hopefully in the beginning of July.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There hasn't been an update in the "Who's Registered" post for a month. Is 60 attendees the limit?