What did you do to your car today?

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Not today, but just a bit ago. Got the new tires on the wheels and put em on the wagon.

sprinks

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta tdi (gone); now mk7 gti
swapped t-handle DSG shifter
from (borrowed images as i didn't snap any)

to this:

except all chrome surround. Liberal use of heat gun to get that 90deg rotation needed for engagement. Not too bad of a mod.
Feels much nicer. Also matches the gti floor mats. :D

Last edited:

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
The amount I drive I figure I will hit 300k in a little more than 2 years. I looked at the three vehicles we drive regularly, the tdi did 35k last year, my wife's Stratus did 20k, and our Expedition did 10k. A total of 65k miles a year. I think we have a driving issue.

NHgranite

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat CKRA
'12 Passat: 80k service (fluids & filters), new rotors & pads.

'02 Jetta: nothing. Still parked at shop waiting to be finished.

Last edited:

alphadrex

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS
Fresh Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 0w40 and filter (I know, I know, don't shoot me, the difference between the flow rate of 0W and 5W in winter is astonishing, esp. at -40 C) and Penzoil Syncromesh for the 02J (can feel the diff. already...see what I did there? ha ha).

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
New shoes on the TT since one got damaged by a pothole.

Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 in 225/40/18, we'll see how they go. For the first 300 miles they're nice and quiet and smooth. Road force balanced them and they came in at 12, 11, 10 and 4 lbs of road force respectively (all really good). Was my first time mounting tires this low profile. First one or two were a bit tricky, but using the misc rollers and arms on the tire machine makes it pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

3 Old tires are available if anyone wants them

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
06 sprinter. 03 jetta wagon premium with 6 speed ALH swap, 14 JSW
Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 in 225/40/18 Was my first time mounting tires this low profile. First one or two were a bit tricky, but using the misc rollers and arms on the tire machine makes it
I'm jealous, I've only got a manual mounting setup. Biggest I've done (on manual)was 335 30 R20 run flat there is now a sign (for my friends to see) that the lowest profile I'll mount is 35, I've done a few on 18's and it isn't actually that much better than the BMW X5 M's above.

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
Wired reverse lights to rear fog position of euro switch just for hooking up trailers/ seeing behind the wagon in the pitch black.

Fixed my reverse camera intermittent cut out, I was relying on the hinges for ground and they were not always providing it. I spliced the rear wiper ground, so far so good.

Ordered the 280mm rear brake spacers from Tongsli and some stock TDI 280 front rotors to go in the back which I have never purchased before (always upgraded front when they wore out in the past lol)

Ordered airbags for the CR, its tail sags super bad when loaded and towing, I almost unloaded it to take the ALH last week.

ALH Should go to body shop this week, I'm tired of the rear bumper being busted.

Last edited:

Thomas83

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 TDI Golf 5-spd
Not today, but over the weekend I installed vortex generators. Cabin noise is mildly quieter, mileage however will be tested next weekend just to see the differences. Not expecting much of an increase or decrease, but we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone.

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
Installed airbags (rear suspension lift) on the CR.
Was disappointed in the 26 mpg it got towing a 4x6x4(high)enclosed trailer. I was certainly expecting 30, my ALH gets 29.9 towing a similarly loaded 5x10x5.5(high)

kgerard

TDI
2015 Golf S TDI
I'm a VW and TDI newbie! I just traded my Subaru Impreza for a 2015 Golf S TDI. First order of business was new wheels and tires! Then I de-badged and replaced the TDI with an all black TDI. How do I post pictures?

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
Not today, but over the weekend I installed vortex generators. Cabin noise is mildly quieter, mileage however will be tested next weekend just to see the differences. Not expecting much of an increase or decrease, but we'll see.
These things are always a hot debate topic, that aside.
How did you space them apart from each other?
How did you determine how many to put on?
How did you base the placement from the rear edge of the panel?

Not trying to start an argument or sway the idea in any direction, just curious as to placement, that's all.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Washed, clay bar, and wax.

I clay barred the the windows and headlights too. Worked out really well!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Began installing the new Panzer Plate with FMJ on Stella.

While I was under there, I noticed grease around the passenger side inner CV joint. I couldn't find a tear or a hole in the boot but I did find a "soft" spot, what gives? What say the hive? Replace with Raxle? NEW NAPA? NEW AutoZone? Rebuild myself? There is a teeny bit of in and out play but no up and down play in the shaft.

Also, I changed the oil over to Schaeffer's 9000 Supreme with a fresh filter. And apparently, neither o-ring had ever been changed because both were VERY flat and no longer round.

Tomorrow is a new air filter and cabin air filter on Stella...

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
I've had a flawless Advance Auto Parts axle on the passenger side of my 00 Beetle Tdi for 30k miles. Also one my Audi A4 for 5k miles. No vibration. With online coupon I paid $56 with in store pickup and no core necessary, so I got to keep my original to rebuild. I was going to rebuild it if the one I put on there was bad. Needless to say, the replacements have been flawless and I never rebuilt the original parts.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Took advantage of the current exchange rate and bought a Bosal bike carrier.

Here's what it looks like all folded up.

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I swapped out my door lock module in the MK4 - took just over an hour from start to finish - wasn't that bad at all.

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
I got my 1960's plates in the mail this week, but the white lettering on my TDIclub frame just didn't work so I had to fix that.

After one coat.

Two coats and an hour later.

Installed and sitting with the rest of the family.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
I still have the yellow on blue plates on my Miata that I got in 1989. The blue of the plate is an exact match for the blue on my Miata. Cranberry has Veteran plates.