View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2009, 17:28   #4
FL2AK-tdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: best: 49.91 hwy w/ ULSD worst: 28.xx city with Jet-A/D1 mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by je
You could visit Louisbourg, and the Plains of Abraham and Citadel in Quebec of course. There are some interesting civic buildings, and another Citadel in Halifax. Once there you might want to stop at Pier 21 where immigrants (perhaps your parents, like mine) landed (or as my mother now insists on calling it, Pier 1).

If there's anything left of Fort York in Toronto by the time you get there, you could visit that.

Of course, you can see Province House in PEI where Confederation was signed, and walk down the path that the Fathers of Confederation staggered drunk down to the waterfront in Charlottetown (it's true!). You can also stop at the spot where Terry Fox ended his Marathon of Hope.

You might stop in Ottawa, there's some notable history there but that route might take you past Toronto (or is that your plan already).

When I did a trip like this once I stopped at all the provincial parliament buildings, and except for NL have been to all of them.
Thanks, je.

Yeah My time in Quebec is centered around seeing all of the Seven Years War sites at a minuimum. I'm also hoping get to to practice my French some. I've dug out oall of my notes and textbooks to start refreshing as I haven't taken a course in French in about a year.

I'm actually considering trading the side trip on the Canol for time to go up to PEI. I love telling people that, when it comes to forming countries, Americans have wars, Canadians have meetings.

Do I detect a bit of anomosity against Toronto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONP
...you [are] a loyal VW owner, wether you like it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_TDi
I'm just not buying the whole, 01M sucks...end of story bit.

2001 Jetta Sedan GLS. 01M trans. Koni Reds. Evo Skidplate. Otherwise stock.

I <3 my automatic transmission. =)

They say that if you play a Windows CD backwards, it plays satanic music; that's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs Windows!
FL2AK-tdi is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06394 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 18.38 Kb. compressed to 16.63 Kb. by saving 1.74 Kb. (9.48%)]