My fuses are confused?

odeanono

TDI
10 Jetta 6Spd CJAA/06 Jetta DSG BRM
I pulled out my owners manual on my '06 Jetta TDI BRM to find the fuse on my accessories power outlets. The spots they are supposed to be are empty but these had been working properly. The Fuse chart mostly, but not exactly matched mine. Is there another design for the fuse box? About a dozen of them are in different places or missing from where the chart puts them. A couple are different sizes. I have never seen this. There is no chart on the cover only in the manual and it is not accurate.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Diesels are a bit different than the gassers and depends sometimes on equipment level(s). The manual isn't specific to a certain vehicle, just sort of covers the typical.
I'm not sure about the Mk5 fuse list available here, but I've printed off the MklV fuse list to put in all my VWs.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Having no fuse chart in the car's manual that accurately matches the actual circuitry in the car is what the manufacturer has given us purchasers. You have hit the nail squarely on the head.

The fuse panel door has a sticker with symbols on it that if you are able to figure out what the symbols represent, you will be close in determining what the fuse is for. But beware, some circuits have multiple fuses (case in point, A/C in a MKIV uses fuses 5, 16, 25 and a green fuse in a holder on the top of the battery).

So, one must buy a Bentley manual that *may* have the fuse wiring diagrams you need, or ask here and maybe you will get lucky.

Sorry I can't help you as I have no data to review. I just wanted to let you understand the situation.

odeanono

TDI
10 Jetta 6Spd CJAA/06 Jetta DSG BRM
Yes, I figured there would be a sticker too. Nothing. I verified I have an 06/06 manufacture date and an 06 manual. I checked fuse box B under the hood and the same thing there! No sticker and the manual diagram is off enough to make it useless. Anyone have an alternate diagram?

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Yes, I figured there would be a sticker too. Nothing. I verified I have an 06/06 manufacture date and an 06 manual. I checked fuse box B under the hood and the same thing there! No sticker and the manual diagram is off enough to make it useless. Anyone have an alternate diagram?
Just ran into this with a 06/06 production date BRM Jetta. The actual fuse layout is closer to the 2007 Bentley version wiring diagram for BRM. And even then there were fuses in alternative location where the diagram said that the space was " not used". That is where the one that I was looking for wound up being.