timing belt help in Spokane

VAG-Aficionado

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS (x2)2002 Jetta Wagon 2005 Passat Wagon
Its about that time to get my timing belt changed. What would be nice is an extra set of experienced hands to reduce the learning curve; i also need to find someone that has the timing belt tools and vag-com to complete the job.

What i can give you in exchange is lunch/dinner and free use of my shop and lift. i need to get the job done the weekend of May 12th at the earliest or any day until May 19th

If i can't find anybody in Spokane, I'll be in Seattle until May 12th and have a space over there (Auburn/Lake Tapps area) but no lift. I can do the same lunch/dinner deal and kick you down some dollars for your time.

Thanks in advance,
Gabe

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
Wanna learn together? I need to learn how to do the mk4 timing belt job... i have no timing belt tools though but i do have vcds :)

VAG-Aficionado

Veteran Member
TDI
That's sounds like a plan if i can come up with some timing belt tools local (Seattle or Spokane)...you'd probably prefer to do the work in the Seattle area rather than in Spokane in my shop?

Maybe we can get a group of people together that want to learn how to change a timing belt and other maintenance...and get a local guru with the tools and expertise to help out. I'm definitely willing to offer my shop space as a place to do this.

VAG-Aficionado

Veteran Member
TDI
I would be willing to drive to Longview...unless you wanted to make a roadtrip to Auburn. Maybe an impromptu get together at my shop space there...i don't have a lift at this location, but do have an engine hoist,jacks, and a bbq. Anyone else interested would be welcome to come down and do some work on their cars, bbq, and bs.

stubb's

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta wagon
Slam house, we are doing it on Monday at my place in rainier, if you are still in. We are going to take a little cruise to Portland for parts. Then tear into the car. :D
Get a hold of one of us for more details. Anyone else that wants to go for a cruise and hang out, eat some food, is welcome to join us.

407-595-6516
Eric

stubb's

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta wagon
We are going to try and start early. Install some toys at the shop and then go for a cruise to Portland for tuning and parts. Then back to the shop to tear into the belt. Should be fun. :D

VAG-Aficionado

Veteran Member
TDI
After a couple days and great hospitality i was able to get a lot of stuff doe that was on my to do list that i wasn't expecting on doing:

First and formost got my timing belt done
Mufflerectomy
502 nozzles
Malone Stage 3 tune
EGR delete and stealth racepipe
Cleaned my intake for the second and last time
Euro switch

Thanks go out to:
Stubb's for helping me through the whole process
Aaron @ Bora Parts for the essentials and some extras that really helped
Rich @ Fixum for setting up my custom tune

The car feels better than ever and I wish I would have done all this a lot sooner. Looks like I'm going to have to update my sig.