Decent Dealership in Fort Worth, TX Area?

Rabert

TDI
2012 Passat
Any suggestions for a Dealership with a decent Service Dept in the Fort Worth, TX area? I started to take it to Metro VW in Arlington (30 miles) then changed my mind to Weatherford (30 miles). But, thought I would check in before choosing. Thanks!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
There are at least 3 trusted mechanics there from our list, if you aren't dead set on a dealer. Link is in my signature below.

Rabert

TDI
2012 Passat
Thanks, I did look a t that and contacted Tim's German shop but here is more info. I have posted a thread witht he noise I am hearing at start up. This is a CPO and has another 2 yr bump to bump. Honestly, I would rather take a whippin than go to a dealer but if they are paying...........

Ozzmosis86

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
I go to Hiley in Arlington. If you are working with the service department ask for Huma, she is great.

Andy

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Update: I just had questionable service at Tim's German Auto. Very nice guys, very devoted, but different philosophy.
They still recommend 5k oil changes.
They feel that overfilling the crankcase is no big deal, and we're all overreacting to it when it happens.
They charged me $410 for DSG service, which is about $80 more than just down the road.
None of this means they're completely incompetent, although I'll stick with the manufacturer's recommendation for OCI and oil volume (isn't that why there's a line on the dipstick???

Ozzmosis86: care to update your post about Arlington after your extensive experience with them? Do you still recommend them? (also, I sent you a PM. Did you receive it?)

GTBullitt68

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I also go to Hiley VW in Arlington. They have been very good for service. I've had both Huma and Richard for my service advisors and they have both been great. They call whenever there's a status update with your car and offer free shuttle service. Not sure what their prices are for service out of warranty as I'm just now coming up on my 30K mile service.

Rabert

TDI
2012 Passat
Hummm, I haven't got my nerve up take it in. The knock is still there no better, no worse. I tried the so called "DSG Reset" (turn key on, no start, hold gas pedal down for 10-30secs, turn key off). I didn't notice any difference.....does this really work? Has anyone tried the VW Dealer in Weatherford?

sandwichtx

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI (6M)
Autobahn in Fort Worth is great. I have had good experience with the service and parts dept. They will also wash and vacuum your car for free.

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hummm, I haven't got my nerve up take it in. The knock is still there no better, no worse. I tried the so called "DSG Reset" (turn key on, no start, hold gas pedal down for 10-30secs, turn key off). I didn't notice any difference.....does this really work? Has anyone tried the VW Dealer in Weatherford?
Why do not go to Steve, he is trusted mechanic here and very good guy, I know him very good and he will take care of anyone:
http://www.tdiguy.com/

You can also contact me or Brian ( he is Denton) for any questions. We are here to help you or anyone elese that need help.
Not just work, even if anyone needs advice.

Thanks
Marin

Rabert

TDI
2012 Passat
Quick Update: Great job Jim Curry and Autobahn! The finally fixed my issues I had. Almost four weeks later the Turbo and #3 injector was replaced. Jim was great and they stuck with resolving the issue. A big thumbs up for Jim and Autobahn. Absolutely no complaints with them.

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
Glad that my "preferred" dealership in the metroplex was able to fix your issue.

Have requested Wallace, one of the sales personnel there numerous times to be a sponsor here.... I personally find him to be very sincere and straight forward individual to deal with....

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
I'm certain that the extended warranty vw sells doesn't require you to take it to the dealer for warranty work. If they tell you it's so, then I would double check. I've filed several claims with VW extended warranty doing warranty work covered by VW branded warranty contract. It's just insurance and you can use it anywhere you like. As far as dealerships go I've heard nothing but bad from people who have used the Weatherford dealership. I had one customer took in his Toureg and they put DEF in his cooling system, I kid you not. DEF is clear like water and someone thought it was water so they topped off is coolant tank with DEF and G12. I know Jim and Wallace from Autobahn and both are good people. Wallace has owned a TDI as long as I've known him. If your looking for a new car Wallace is your guy. I know the people at Tim's as well, as far I know they're good people. To some 5k is is the interval, but if you know your TDI's like we do .... If you're looking for best price for an oil change the dealer is always the "cheapest", it's their loss leader. DSG service I charge $325.00.
Thanks, I did look a t that and contacted Tim's German shop but here is more info. I have posted a thread witht he noise I am hearing at start up. This is a CPO and has another 2 yr bump to bump. Honestly, I would rather take a whippin than go to a dealer but if they are paying...........