Golf IV Xenon / HID wiring

VWflappie

I bought a couple of Xenon HID's OEM from Bosch. I have the lightning working. The only thing i don't get working is the Rheostat in dash to level the headlights. Does anybody know (or have a wiring diagram) to make this work?? I read on the website of GPperformance that i will have to "upgrade"the wiring in the haedlight.. But doesn't show what i will have to do. Please someone???

p.s. It is the type of Xenon HIDs with the ballast and leveling computer buildt in the headlight.

iris

TDI
gti tdi 150 bhp , 2001, grey
can you give the link for these xenons with built in leveler and ballast. Or partnumber?
Dank je wel

VWflappie

Tried this weekend, but until sofar no luck.. The leveling motors are giving a bit sound, but won't move the whole way... (strange) It looks like the control module interfeers with the signal.... Anyone ideas??

Wiring so far: Pin 1 = +12v
8 = GND
11 = Leveling signal...

Didn't do anything to internal wiring in headlight....

iris

TDI
gti tdi 150 bhp , 2001, grey
You don't have to tap the inside wiring since the OEM HIDs have the leveling motors standard in HID housing. You can just wire up
- the power to Pin 1
- the ground is already grounded to pin 7
- wire from Rheostat to Pin 11

that's it, I think

VWflappie

tried that, the leveling motors give a bit of sound, but won't work completely. If you look at the wiring in the light, the wires coming from 1 and 7 (or 8) going directly to the leveling motors. The wire connected to 11 is going first to the leveling module and than going to the leveling motor...

To be continued......