vcds mods

golfwagon10

TDI
2010 Golf Wagon
Is there a way to enable the AUX socket in the cargo to be powered all the time?

Currently it only has power when the ignition is on.

Parva

TDI
Now have a '13 Beetle Turbo, had a '10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
golfwagon10 said:
Is there a way to enable the AUX socket in the cargo to be powered all the time?
Sure would like to know how...
I'd love to do the same.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Parva said:
Sure would like to know how...
I'd love to do the same.
Yeah that is strange.....it was this way on the Passat but not the Golf Wagen....hmmmmmm....would like to keep the fan on for my dogs sometimes.....but do you honestly think this would be a VCDS think or a wiring thing?

julesjetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2015Golf Wagon DSG TDI, 2005 TDI Silver Jetta stick daughter #1,2013 TDI Jetta daughter#2, 2015Tiguan, 2015 Jetta TDI stick
I find you can not just tap the horn for a short horn burst on the 2010JSW. You need to press for a few seconds, and then you get a 1 second burst. Can vagcom change this?

Arne in Oregon

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf MT6
I find you can not just tap the horn for a short horn burst on the 2010JSW. You need to press for a few seconds, and then you get a 1 second burst. Can vagcom change this?
"A few seconds" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but there is a noticeable delay before the horn starts in my Golf as well. I would be a bit surprised if you could reduce or eliminate the delay with VCDS, but who knows?

fast16

TDI
looking 2010 tdi jetta dsg
i took my jetta to a guy near my home who had vag-com and we got everything done except for the coming home/leaving home feature i really couldnt figure out how to enable that feature.... enough said does anyone have the codes you have to enter too enable that feature or do u have too have the euro switch?

OldManWinter

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2010
Is there a way to turn off the key in ignition beeping? I like to play music from the car with all the doors, hatch and sun roof open but I have to have the driver door closed to avoid the beeping. :(

Last edited:

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Is there a way to turn off the key in ignition beeping? I like to play music from teh car with all the doors, hatch and sun roof open but I have to have the driver door closed to avoid the beeping. :(
Take the key out and then press the power button on the radio it will stay on for I believe 1 hour, at which time you can press the power button and get another hour of listening.

OldManWinter

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon 2010
Take the key out and then press the power button on the radio it will stay on for I believe 1 hour, at which time you can press the power button and get another hour of listening.
Cool thanks, I'll have to try that!
edit:
Yup that worked great, thanks so much!

Last edited:

sudseh

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 4door
Question about the Comfort turn signals.
I changed the coding through vcds so that they blink five times, but they still only blink three times.
Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a solution?
Thanks in advance~

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
I was prompted to update VCDS to 10.6.1. Has this been out for a while? Anyone see any new tweaks?

Also, does anyone know how to adjust the Km/h MFD (MFI) display in the "GB" country mode to M/h?

MacBuckeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
Our Chrysler TC had constant power ports for electronics. Would LOVE to have either the cig. adapter or 110 volt socket always "hot" when the car isn't running. Makes for great phone/ipod charging.

BTW, why doesn't the the iPod jack recharge the ipod? My iPod always run down and dies after about 2-3 days. I have the factory Ipod jack installed between the seats (in the arm rest). It's supposed to provide power, right? :mad:

numl0ck

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
BTW, why doesn't the the iPod jack recharge the ipod? My iPod always run down and dies after about 2-3 days. I have the factory Ipod jack installed between the seats (in the arm rest). It's supposed to provide power, right? :mad:
It does, but only when the car is running. Mine does the same thing, and others have reported the same. The iPod interface is so bad, that I've basically given up and stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
It does, but only when the car is running. Mine does the same thing, and others have reported the same. The iPod interface is so bad, that I've basically given up and stream music via Bluetooth from my iPhone.

I have no problem with the interface comes up on the radio and the MFT.I have RCD-510

Last edited:

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I was prompted to update VCDS to 10.6.1. Has this been out for a while? Anyone see any new tweaks?

Also, does anyone know how to adjust the Km/h MFD (MFI) display in the "GB" country mode to M/h?
I believe after setting it to UK or another metric country you can just change the units back to MPH in the MFI menu.

BTW, what does the UK setting do differently than the US setting?

As for the socket...there must be a 12V+ source back there that's hot when the key is off that the socket could be tapped in to.

Last edited:
I

ihatespeed

Right after the engine starts on my Golf, I get a single "ding" on random occasions. don't know what it is for. The door is shut and my seat belt is fastened. I have the VAGCOM, but I cannot turn it off.

Any ideas?

It is more of a nuisance.
mine does it when the temperature drops below 40 degrees, shows a little ice crystal/ snow flake, thought I was loosing it at first..

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
mine does it when the temperature drops below 40 degrees, shows a little ice crystal/ snow flake, thought I was loosing it at first..
Since gnatman1102 posted the question in May, in Georgia, I doubt it was the <40* chime. My '10 also randomly chime when turning the key on above 40*. I haven't been able to figure out why yet.

I

ihatespeed

2011 sportwagen comfort blink frequency

central electronics under adaptation pull down the drop down and select comfort blink frequency (might not be verbatim, but its near the bottom and the name is straight forward) select your # 1-5 and save. think I like 4

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
central electronics under adaptation pull down the drop down and select comfort blink frequency (might not be verbatim, but its near the bottom and the name is straight forward) select your # 1-5 and save. think I like 4
Does it actually blink 4 times? You could select the frequency in the '09, but it would still only blink 3 times.

epc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Does it actually blink 4 times? You could select the frequency in the '09, but it would still only blink 3 times.
I just tried this in my 2010, and the car will blink whatever I set it to (I tried 4 and 5 blinks).

BTW, I noticed that whenever I did something in Central Electronics (either by coding or by adaptation), several other MFD settings in my car will change:

Footwell lighting,
Door open manual unlock setting,
Door open auto unlock setting.

Anyone else noticed this??

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I just tried this in my 2010, and the car will blink whatever I set it to (I tried 4 and 5 blinks).

BTW, I noticed that whenever I did something in Central Electronics (either by coding or by adaptation), several other MFD settings in my car will change:

Footwell lighting,
Door open manual unlock setting,
Door open auto unlock setting.

Anyone else noticed this??
Yes, everything resets. It's quite annoying.

buelldude

TDI
2011 TDI GOLF
Hey,
I'm new and just found out that you can change things that happen to the car thru the computer. Is there a thread that gives me all the options that can be done to my car? I have a 2011 golf tdi. Sorry about asking in the middle of your thread, newbie question

I

ihatespeed

funny central electronics quirk

I found out the hard way the other day that if the doors are locked you can not connect to the 09 central electronics module, freaked me right out, though I had wrote a bad bit or something..

1analguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 2dr 6-speed (loaded)
Question about the Comfort turn signals.
I changed the coding through vcds so that they blink five times, but they still only blink three times.
Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a solution?
Thanks in advance~
Since gnatman1102 posted the question in May, in Georgia, I doubt it was the <40* chime. My '10 also randomly chime when turning the key on above 40*. I haven't been able to figure out why yet.
I tried this today on my '11 Golf TDI 2dr 6-speed. I set it/saved it for 4 blinks and it still only blinks 3 times. I went back in and looked and it says 4 blinks...but no! Any ideas?

Arne in Oregon

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf MT6
Dunno. I changed mine to 5 blinks some months back using a borrowed VCDS cable. Blinks 5 times to this day.

AkursedX

TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
If you have an MKVI golf/jetta and a vagcom, could you see if you can conduct this procedure for me?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...281K%29_Airbag

Basic Setting
Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706)
If the Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706) or the seat itself have been replaced, the basic setting has to be performed.
[Select]
[15 - Airbags]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 20324, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
The reset has been performed.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

I swapped GTI seats into my sportwagen, but I am having trouble getting the airbag issues taken care of. I cannot get to the "group 001" part of the procedure. I need to know if it's something on my end, or if it's something that the vagcom can't do.

DeviousDW

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I've got a newbie question. I'm curious if there is a way to get the vagcom cable (or VCDS as they call it now) outside of Ross-Tech, since I really dont have the money for the cable. I've got a 2011 Golf TDI, and was wondering if any of the ebay cables would work well? Also, has anyone bought and used the ebay vagcom cables successfully?
I've read that Alpha-bid is a legit seller on eBay for these cables, but am confused on which one to get that's compatible for my Golf.

Many future thanks for helping me out, since I'm new to all of this. Appreciate all the help =]