FS: CR170 turbo $700

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
I'd be happiest selling this to a local member so I'm listing it here first.

Part #03L 253 019 M

I bought it from a wrecker overseas with 35,000km on it, and the condition reflected that when I received it, looked like new, so no bs on the mileage. I used it for approx 10,000km on my dsg jetta and have now upgraded. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, turbo only. $700

email is best, tdiexhaust@hotmail.ca

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4dr W/Tech Package
Ken, do you still have this? My turbo blew up last night and trying to get a CR170 turbo asap.

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah. Already have your DP and full EGR delete. Just need to get another turbo. The shaft snapped and the turbine wheel went into the exhaust.

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
At 49k miles, wouldn't be still be under warranty? Or is warranty void bc of the egr delete?
It should be, yes. But the dealership doesn't want to cover it because they don't want to get charged back from VW if VW decides to not cover it.

zoominMS3

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 GOLF TDI
It should be, yes. But the dealership doesn't want to cover it because they don't want to get charged back from VW if VW decides to not cover it.

DPF delete and VW isn't covering it under warranty.. Can't imagine why

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
Bingo.

I have to ask, are you running an intake?
Yeah. The compressor wheel looked fine though, no damage to it. Only damage to the turbine side of the turbo.

My turbo had been making some noise for quite a while though, like a whirring noise at low RPMs.

kyle_h

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI Execline R-Line
I find that weird they won't cover it. Although if I ever came across that situation, I'd have to talk to my service manager. I don't want the blame for anything :D

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
anyone sees or hears of a good deal on a used cr170 turbo please pm me im in serious need of a turbo asap

kyle_h

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI Execline R-Line
Got mine off eBay for $400, shipped, including exchange rate from euro to Canadian dollar

Sent from my iPhone using the Tapatalk app, so that explains the typos...

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
Yeah and I'm sure that they have been on the same DPF since they started running the car with one...and the same turbo.

That's cute, it really is.

Or wait, is it ironic?

EvilEvo

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah and I'm sure that they have been on the same DPF since they started running the car with one...and the same turbo.

That's cute, it really is.

Or wait, is it ironic?
Yup, I believe it was this past year they had to swap turbos mid race during the 24H LeMans because the turbo failed.