Travels with Ringo

ringo

Firstly, Thank you for your nice comments from my last post, this seems to be a nice place to hang out and talk about cars etc.
I am flattered that some of you used my photo as a screensaver. I am not a professional photographer but I recently bought a great digital camera so now that is my second hobby.
I have added a new page to my website called travels with Ringo (Ringo is the name of my bug, after Ringo Star the other Beatle)
Let me know what you think. Ringo http://newbug.net/new_page_1.htm

chutzpah

Veteran Member
Some of those pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I am dying to take a road trip out West again. Bryce canyon was my favorite among the national parks I visited last time I was out there (I must have been about 12).

NBKrissie

Veteran Member
Ringo, do tell what digital camera you are using! I am turning over the future purchase of a digital camera [I want to post a photo of Wolfgang, my NB] but I am overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of choice in front of me.

------------------
01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!

zilym

TDI
2001 New Beetle (white)
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NBKrissie:
I am turning over the future purchase of a digital camera [I want to post a photo of Wolfgang, my NB] but I am overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of choice in front of me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try http://www.dcresource.com/ for lots of digital camera reviews, sample photos taken under each camera, etc.

------------------
Ed Schlunder (zilym@SPAMNOT.yahoo.com)
2001 TDI New Beetle: white, manual, cd changer, spoiler, and buckets of fun!

Passengers Wanted

ringo

Ok the camera I have is an Olympus 2100UZ. It retails for $800-1000 depending on where you go. There are many choices out there, I thought about the canon 990, which has 3.34 Mega pixels, but it is hard to use the controls plus has a very small lens. My friend has one for work (he is a photo journalist) and said it does poorly with other added lenses.
I am very happy with the 2100, It is easy to use, I am just using auto settings right now so later I may get more into manual override.
It is a little big but what do you expect from a great camera.
Go to this site for reviews http://www.steves-digicams.com/c2100.html
Hope that helps, sorry if this not on the true subject of beetle tdi’s.
If you want some more photos I took myself (not of beetles) please e-mail me and I will send some to you OK. Ringo

schnabba

Veteran Member
TDI
golf GLS 2001 white
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ringo:
Ok the camera I have is an Olympus 2100UZ. It retails for $800-1000 depending on where you go. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a good camera - I have 2 of the C-2500L models, and the larger lens makes for excellent pictures.

nice pics of the car and the travels - makes me want to head out west again (haven't been out there since 1981)