View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2014, 08:34   #48
tc1uscg
Veteran Member

TDI(s): SOLD TO VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
Just reread through this whole thread and can't find anyone who installed 65W bulbs in place of 55W bulbs WITHOUT adjusting voltage who noticed any significant difference... Is that correct? I rented a Mustang yesterday and its lights were so much brighter than my stock lights that it made me look this back up. Now that we're back to morning-and-evening-commuting-in-the-dark in Seattle, it's a pressing issue. However, I don't have VCDS, so don't want to shell out for new bulbs if it won't make any difference at all...
I installed them w/o changing my voltage (then again, I couldn't find justification to drop $250 to just make my headlamps a tad bit brighter when they were an improvement out of the box). I also raised the beam a turn or two so it throws the light out better (and spreads it around better too). So now, the driving lights fill in between the front of the car to where the headlamps start shining on the ground. So, bottom line, without changing the voltage, i seen a very noticeable difference.

Last edited by tc1uscg; November 6th, 2014 at 08:37.
tc1uscg is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06510 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.38 Kb. compressed to 14.58 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (10.98%)]