mk7 hub install help

hause

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
MK4 Golf Tdi... all souped up also a MK7 Sportwagen on its way to greatness
I'm putting lift spring on my Mk7 sportwagen and the fronts are really fighting me. I'm battling my way through and starting to loose my mojo.
Can someone please give me some "tips" on how to ease the installation of the hubs. The axle spline doesn't want to line up and slide on.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Got any photos of where it is hanging up? It is hard to offer advice without having a look-see, so take this for as much as you are paying for it:

I will assume* that the strut and control arm are bolted to the bearing carrier assembly and the hub is properly pressed into the bearing. I will also assume* that the suspension is very similar to the mk4 front end, since I've not looked over your generation of front end. Seems to me that a simple rotation of the hub will resolve any meshing problems, so the problem is probably contained in the lift portion of the project. That is, the hub is now lower in relation to the half-shaft, so the axle stub would be coming into the hub at a bad angle. Maybe you can ameliorate the situation by putting a jack under the hub to lift it up some.

Hope this helps, but since I'm lacking in experience with a mk7 front end, you may feel I'm an idiot by now. Sorry if that is the case, but my intentions are good.

Cheers,

PH

* - of course everyone knows what happens when you ass-u-me, right? :D