40,000 Mile Service

GR8GIFT

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG LE
Well tomorrow I go in for my 40,000 mile service. Dealer says $589.80 before taxes for all required 40,000 mile work. Will try to post what that entails later in the week. Very happy with my 2013 TDI at this point. They called me a few days ago wanting to give me an offer for a trade in on a 2013 model. Not sure I want to go to a 2013 and extend my payments but who knows if the deal is good enough I might bite.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
You could buy a VCDS, a Mityvac, and all the tools/fluids/bolts necessary to do the 40K yourself for that price. Just sayin' ;)

Whereabouts in the Midwest are you?

Not_Agn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Se TDI
Just had my 40000 mile service done. Cost $375. I have a manual or it would have been over $800 for the dsg. Car was exactly 1 year old. They tried talking me into a passat. But only offering me $17000 for my car wasn't going to make that happen. I'm located in Chicago sub burbs.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I paid $575 for my 40K service in July.

GR8GIFT

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI DSG LE
Well the 40,000 mile service was $543.46 tax included.
They also verified that the diesel only stickers were on my car. Replaced seat linkage bolts seat frame screws on a recall and I finally let them replace the exhaust tips got tired of them asking every time I came in for service.
So I got the tires rotated, pollen filter replaced, fuel filter replaced, DSG Tranny service and oil change on the 40,000 mile service.

ytjetta

TDI
2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG
I was quoted $990 for the 40k service at a dealer near my workplace which is basically changing the DSG and engine oils, $360 for parts and $560 labor. Which I declined respectfully. What is reasonable amount to pay?

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I was quoted $990 for the 40k service at a dealer near my workplace which is basically changing the DSG and engine oils, $360 for parts and $560 labor. Which I declined respectfully. What is reasonable amount to pay?
Read back 2 posts!
Well the 40,000 mile service was $543.46 tax included.
They also verified that the diesel only stickers were on my car. Replaced seat linkage bolts seat frame screws on a recall and I finally let them replace the exhaust tips got tired of them asking every time I came in for service.
So I got the tires rotated, pollen filter replaced, fuel filter replaced, DSG Tranny service and oil change on the 40,000 mile service.

Last edited:

ytjetta

TDI
Thanks kjclow. That's about the same my original dealership quoted so I am going there. The only problem is that they are 40 miles out of of town with no public transport so I essentially have to stay there for the best part of the day. thanks for reminding me to use the goodwill loyalty card. I had totally forgotten about it.

ytjetta

Last edited:

tobianogreg

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta returned
Our local dealership told me the 40,000k is on special (taxes included) for the $500 dealers goodwill card. Sounded ok to me considering I have the dsg and it's in Cdn funds.

ytjetta

TDI
So the total came out around $790 which included engine oil and transmission fluid changes as well as brake system flush. Minus 15% discount, I surrendered my $500 loyalty card plus some $170.
ytjetta

That was 2012. I paid $538 for the 80k service in December. Just after the goodwill cards were received. That includes the DSG service.

Talon

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon ALH, 2013 tdi sportwagen
I was quoted $799 for the 40k service and it's a manual trans. Wisconsin, crazy in my oinion.