11 Jetta, electrical issues?

Delete

TDI
2011 Jetta
My 2011 Jetta has been a real gem but has had randomly electrical quirks every now and then that have been more common.

It's bone stock beyond after market head lights and tail lights. Lately my electrical issues have become more frequent and are not consistent.

My check engine light will sometimes come on with a P2015 code or oxygen sensor, both of which if you wiggle a few things the light will go off. My bluetooth ability will randomly stop working. My passenger side speaker will randomly cut on (it's usually not working). My windows have randomly gone down, my tire pressure light will come on, blink, then go away. More recently, my radio unit went completely dead.

I have read about the radio unit going back is a common thing and sometimes they will come back on. But all the other strange things that's going on with my car, could it all be related?

Side note: my windshield washer fluid switch doesn't work either. I don't know if that would be considered an electrical issue? I get no click, no wiper motion, nothing when I try to use it.

Any insight would be great before I pay someone to chase a ghost in my car.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
A weak battery or bad ground connections can cause all kinds of squirrelly behavior. A bad ground connection on my truck once resulted in it starting itself with nobody inside and no key in the ignition.

NAZ TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI DSG
Agree on the ground connections. Seemingly unrelated electrical problems are often the result of a common ground being loose/corroded. I once had a weird electrical problem on a Chevy pickup and decided to check grounds. Got a schematic and started at the left front engine compartment. Worked my way around the entire vehicle. Last one was hidden on the back of the head. It was broken!