Gti Springs on A 2009 Jetta Tdi

TDI 2.0

TDI
2009 Jetta
So i got a 2009 jetta tdi and a friend of mine has a 2011 Gti 5 Door and he Lowered his car and now has the stock springs and im just wondering if anyone knows if i put them on my car if it will drop the car and if so how much it will more or less and if anyone has pics and has done it before.
I have looked at websites and product number are the same on some parts but just wanna know what kind of drop it will give.

Thank You.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
If you lower it get a skid plate.The TDI and GTI springs are different the tdi engine weight more

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
The GTI springs are about the same rate as the stock Jetta springs (3% stiffer front, same rate rear, I think) but when you lower your car, you really want to go to a firmer spring rate because you have less compression travel to soak up bumps and stuff. to answer your question, it should lower your car about 1", maybe a bit less.

I agree about the skid, even on a non-lowered car it's cheap insurance against a damaged engine, but with it lowered, I consider it essential. My car is quite a bit lower than that and my skid's definitely saved my oil pan on more than one occasion already, and that's in the first year of ownership. It's just cheap insurance.

robbinsresort

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI, 85 Golf n/a Diesel
I have a feeling you're gonna do all that work, take a look at the car afterwards and wonder how much you actually dropped it.