Vendor Accountability Thread

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI and 2011 Sportwagen TDI
I held off on this post for awhile because my intentions were to only break even and not stir up trouble. I've been officially screwed over by Nick at street toys, so now it is my aim to save anyone else the headache of doing business with him. I'm a long time member of TDIclub and have a good reputation of buying and selling on here privately and through other vendors. I will briefly walk you through what happened with Nick that went terribly different. I no longer question whether nick had anything to do with his and Kermas split.

My hammer series turbo that was purchased through kerma a couple years ago was seemingly leaking oil. I've also had oil in my intake plumbing. I'm still not actually sure if it's the turbo or not. I contacted Nick because of my concern. I asked him if he could inspect it and what my options would be if the turbo seals were actually leaking. He directed me towards purchasing his 1852 for 750$. I explained that I am a recently laid off math/science teacher and was desperately looking for work and could not afford anything that isn't necessary. After our discussion, we decided that I would ship the turbo in question to him for inspection and he would ship me an 1852 because there was a possibility my turbo was bad. We went this route because It was the quickest way to get my car running again if the turbo was bad and I needed it running fast so that I could be available to take a job offer. In the even that my old turbo was fine, Nick was to ship it back to me and I'd send him the 1852 (on my dime). I just needed the option to have the car back together asap.

After nick received my money, he took a week to even ship the turbo. He defeated the whole purpose of even sending it to me since my turbo basically showed up to him before he sent me a new one. You'd think at this point, he'd just inspect mine before sending the other one since he procrastinated already. nope!

I called Nick and ask him to let me know asap for a diagnosis once mine arrives. He said it arrived that day and would call me back in an hour. It's been almost 3 months and he has not called back. I have a long list of dates and times I have tried contacting him to find out what happened to my turbo. Was it good or bad? Who knows! So, after Nick knew I was laid off and had no money to be just replacing parts for no reason, He fails our agreement to even let me know if I'm replacing a bad part.

I had my car looked at and did some extra inspecting and found a bad oil return line that was leaking oil. I have also been directed to vent my Crank Case better. Ironically, nick said a better CC vent was probably needed too but would still look at my turbo to rule that out.

All I've needed was a phone call with a diagnosis so that I could rule out the turbo as being an issue. Now that I've gotten help from TDIclub, the problem was my oil line and CC vent. The turbo was fine, but Nick took it and my money and went MIA.

If you are considering doing business with street toys, reconsider. Just recall all the drama that has been on here with Nick. I don't believe it was just bad luck for the poor guy. It's beyond that at this point. It's just bad business. I doubt this post will sink Nick's business but I can hope it hurts it like he hurt my situation. I'm still unemployed and getting slammed with an unjustified 750 bucks really hurts.

I wish i had two more hands .... so i could give street toys four thumbs down! :eek:

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
I ordered a boost valve 3 weeks ago today. I have left 3 voicemails and have emailed without a response yet.

This is my last effort to try to get that valve that paypal verifies I have paid for. I hoping that maybe the contact info has changed or something.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
2 racepipes

I just ordered two racepipes last week from Street Toys and left emails and messages. I wonder what is going to happen as my credit card has already been charged and have no info on when to expect my order:confused:

Last edited:

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
I ordered a boost valve 3 weeks ago today. I have left 3 voicemails and have emailed without a response yet.

This is my last effort to try to get that valve that paypal verifies I have paid for. I hoping that maybe the contact info has changed or something.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?
I just ordered two racepipes last week and left emails and messages. I wonder what is going to happen as my credit card has already been charged and have no info on when to expect my order:confused:
Neither one of you mentions who you ordered from. Could you both please identify the seller(s). Thank you

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Anyone know where Nick is?

I just ordered two racepipes last week from Street Toys and left emails and messages. I wonder what is going to happen as my credit card has already been charged and have no info on when to expect my order:confused:
Right now I can not find an answer to the question of where Nick is. My credit card has a charge on it, I have called, left messages, sent emails to his website, sent messages to Ronda, sent emails to his yahoo acount. His website is up and still taking orders but nobody is home:confused:

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI and 2011 Sportwagen TDI
Right now I can not find an answer to the question of where Nick is. My credit card has a charge on it, I have called, left messages, sent emails to his website, sent messages to Ronda, sent emails to his yahoo acount. His website is up and still taking orders but nobody is home:confused:
He's not going to call you back. He just likes taking your money. He jacked me over too. Dispute it with your credit card.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
I wonder when the moderator is going to do or say something?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
What do you want them to do? They don't really have any power in your situation or problems with a vendor. All we can do is expose or commend certain vendors and hope they value TDIclub the same way we do.

BKMetz said:
There is no TDIClub seal of approval for any vendor and TDIClub does not resolve any conflicts. When someone becomes registered as a vendor, there is no automatic inclusion to the 'Trusted TDI Mechanic's - By State' thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044 Admission to that thread is by referral only. I discourage vendors from adding themselves to that thread as self-promotion can make their credibility suspect. Referrals are earned, not granted. Vendors are expected to have the integrity to hold themselves accountable. Simply put, the vendor is his own warranty for the product or service they are selling.

Members and vendors are to resolve issues privately, just as in any other transaction one engages in.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
What do you want them to do? They don't really have any power in your situation or problems with a vendor. All we can do is expose or commend certain vendors and hope they value TDIclub the same way we do.
Post Vendors name in a stiky of Revoked Vendors

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Post Vendors name in a stiky of Revoked Vendors
IIRC, Street Toys has not been a registered vendor by his choice for a number of years. So there is really nothing to revoke. Others have complained about his products in many a thread when he was a vendor. Those threads are readily searchable and readily available. Some chose to continue to deal with him despite those prior and documented problems, accepting Street Toys' voiciferous explanation that none of those problems were any of his fault.

The latest attempt to rehash his reputation seemed to be with him hawking his products through thetdiwagonguy (per my prior post) --- which is why I suggested you and others contact thetdiwagonguy (since thetdiwagonguy is a registered vendor on this forum and may be able to put you in contact with Street Toys).

Sadly, this seems to be another exercise in why the past does matters and why people who forget the past are doomed to repeat history. Ultimately, all buyers must make an educated decision and live with the consequences of their choices --- which seems to be, unfortunately, yours and a few other's plight here. In summary, I do not know of anything the moderators can do to protect buyers in such circumstances. Good luck.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
IIRC, Street Toys has not been a registered vendor by his choice for a number of years. So there is really nothing to revoke. Others have complained about his products in many a thread when he was a vendor. Those threads are readily searchable and readily available. Some chose to continue to deal with him despite those prior and documented problems, accepting Street Toys' voiciferous explanation that none of those problems were any of his fault.

The latest attempt to rehash his reputation seemed to be with him hawking his products through thetdiwagonguy (per my prior post) --- which is why I suggested you and others contact thetdiwagonguy (since thetdiwagonguy is a registered vendor on this forum and may be able to put you in contact with Street Toys).

Sadly, this seems to be another exercise in why the past does matters and why people who forget the past are doomed to repeat history. Ultimately, all buyers must make an educated decision and live with the consequences of their choices --- which seems to be, unfortunately, yours and a few other's plight here. In summary, I do not know of anything the moderators can do to protect buyers in such circumstances. Good luck.
Then why not have a sticky with current vendors and revoked vendors? I am not attempting to use this forum as a way to get back the money. If one post helps one person keep from making the same mistake than it is worth it.:)

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
Then why not have a sticky with current vendors and revoked vendors? I am not attempting to use this forum as a way to get back the money. If one post helps one person keep from making the same mistake than it is worth it.:)
The simple answer is that no one reads the stickie's anymore then searches for answers before posting questions. I good example is diagnosing low power in A3/B4 sections. Moderator GoFaster has a well written stickie --- that no one apparently reads. Please count the number of "what do I do with limp mode" type questions. Likewise, check out the K&N Filter questions --- despite a recent stickie thread and numerous questions on the same topic.

The best protection anyone has on this forum is searching the member's history. Here is a quick search for Street Toys using Google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tdiclub:+Street+Toys

So, if people are unwilling to do the simplest of Google searches to protect themselves, what will an unread stickie accomplish?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The moderators are not going to intervene unless the vendor in question and the folks having problems with that vendor confirm that whatever the issue is, has been resolved (and we need to hear it from both sides) and then our ONLY response will be to delete posts relevant to the topic in question IF that is appropriate and/or is requested by the parties involved. Until that happens ... the posts remain here, so that other people can be forewarned about dealing with that vendor.

We are NOT going to intervene in your commercial transaction to try to resolve it. That is between you, and the vendor.

Street Toys, it sounds as if it's up to you to make the next move.

edit: I'd suggest that people go back to page one of this thread and do some reading ...

Last edited:

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I DID see your suggestion. It is not happening. Too much potential for hue and cry from the other side (vendors). Too much "he said / she said" - we never know the whole truth and nothing but the truth. NEVER. In certain cases, there is potential for lawyers to get involved and the operators of this site can NOT afford to go down that road or even give the slightest hint of a bias in the slightest way against someone threatening to use lawyers. It is better for people to use Google (or simply read this thread ...) before buying. It is better for people to research and make their own decisions, than for us to tell people who to buy from, and who not to. Much less risk of lawyers getting involved when actions - or inactions - are allowed to speak for themselves.

And besides, thebigarniedog is right ... people don't read sticky threads and people don't use Google as much as they should. Even if we had a "revoked vendors" list, would anyone read that, as opposed to reading the ominously and interestingly titled "Vendor Accountability" thread, which just might - possibly - have had some interesting things contained within it? Despite considerable spoon feeding, people STILL ask "what oil do I use" and STILL ask "my car has no power, what do I do" ...

LAbioCARS.com

TDI
golf
Ive dealt with 4 of thomas's engines over the last few years

one I swapped into a vanagon
motor supposedly had around 60k on it
but it looked like it had more then 200k
and smelled burnt under the valve cover

got it running and it blew smoke and overheated
pulled the head and found it to be cracked
we replaced the head and the car still smoked heavily
he sent us another engine that turned out to be fine

two other occasions I dealt with his motors I had no problems

this last time I picked on up its been a nightmare
overheating problems galore
failed compression test

and what happends when I call thomas

his phone is disconnected and hes moved his location

Moonlight

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 NB , 2001 Golf GL
Problems with MJM Autohaus

Has anyone else had problems with this vendor? I ordered a set of Koni Reds from them on Nov 5th and the next day I was told they shipped from Koni in Kentucky. It is now Nov 17th and still nothing. I've sent numerous emails of which went unanswered for over a week as well as a PM directly from this site.

Finally after a week I received a reply to my numerous inquiries asking for the status of my order. Still the same response "They have shipped". I'm no rocket scientist but have ordered more than the typical person over the Internet and familiar with shipping times. It doesn't take 12 days to ship the slowest method available.

I'm about ready to throw the towel in and dispute the charge with my credit card company as it doesn't appear I'm getting any resolution from MJM. Member here since 2001 ...

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
to date I've never had any issues with MJM.. They usually have tracking numbers for me when I call to verify shipment.. I haven't ordered anything from them in a while so things may have changed over the past year or 2..

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi
Has anyone else had problems with this vendor? I ordered a set of Koni Reds from them on Nov 5th and the next day I was told they shipped from Koni in Kentucky. It is now Nov 17th and still nothing. I've sent numerous emails of which went unanswered for over a week as well as a PM directly from this site.

Finally after a week I received a reply to my numerous inquiries asking for the status of my order. Still the same response "They have shipped". I'm no rocket scientist but have ordered more than the typical person over the Internet and familiar with shipping times. It doesn't take 12 days to ship the slowest method available.

I'm about ready to throw the towel in and dispute the charge with my credit card company as it doesn't appear I'm getting any resolution from MJM. Member here since 2001 ...

I have bought lots of stuff from them and the shipping info is always emailed to me. This could be a problem with drop shipping. Mjm drop ships some stuff straight from the manufacturer. They always answer the phone and are top notch to deal with. They will 100% make it right with you but call them. They probably get 1000 emails a day had to get to all of them.

MJM Autohaus

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI

There was indeed a problem with your order (our fault and nobody else's). We apologize about that. You should have your tracking number now. If you do not, please give us a call. Thanks.

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Just to follow up about Street Toys, I did file a claim and my bank refunded the money.

I really wanted their boost valve too.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
Got a temporary credit from CC company against Street Toys for the two racepipes I purchased. They never returned emails or calls and never shipped product. Amazing how websites can be up and just continue taking money. Almost reminds me of slot machines. Will let you know when credit is final.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have deleted several posts because the situation was incomprehensible to an outsider (me), and none of the parties involved responded to the prior version of this post - which was a request for clarification.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
AVOID Derek Scott at Exklusiv Motorsports AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!

Please see this topic showing the carnage caused by one of his installs:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=301298

Derek Scott at Exklusiv Motorsports of Phoenix, Arizona should be ashamed of his work and customer service.

82chester

TDI
Jetta AEG,ALH,BEW,BRM; Golf ACC
BleachedBora & Boraparts.com - Is everthing okay????

Anyone out there know what's going on with Aaron? (BleachedBora)?

I heard nothing but GREAT reviews for him and his site.....

I've been trying to get in contact with him for the last 4 days? I've made a large purchase, received the 2 email confirmations, credit card has been charged, order still states its pending and its been 7 days, just looking to get some insight on where my order is at?

And just so were clear, I've called, left messages (now voicemail is full?), emailed all the emails that i could find related to him and nothing... no response...

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure something must be going on or he's just really busy????

any help would be appreciated.....

**UPDATE** Aaron got a hold me, everything worked out and I received everything that was ordered, EXCELLENT VENDOR!!

Thanks

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
He recently (as in last week) told me he had an unexpected loss in his family, perhaps he is backed up due to that.

I am sure he is working as hard as he is able.