05 Interior Question

ibsam2005

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6M
Looking to piece new interior together in my Wagon that is being revitalized after changing the engine. Biggest things I want to find is a new glovebox and a center console with the armrest.

1. I have the dark gray interior with airbags in the front seats. What seats will swap in that I may find at the junkyard? What years and what other models should I check for? I want to make sure I don't have airbag lights when/if I change them.

2. Will the rear seats only change out for another wagon or will sedan/Golf seats work?

Nothing is torn or ripped, but everything was so extremely dirty. Even after I cleaned it with a steam cleaner.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Steve6, I believe you are incorrect on #2. I think the only difference in the rear seats is the presence or absence of a lock.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Rear seat on the Wagon is a 60-40 split, don’t know if sedans have that but my Golf did. If a wagon seat is hard to find you could consider swapping covers. Not sure the fit would be identical of course but why would VW make two nearly identical seats different?

Or a slightly different perspective, I had to seriously wash the rear seat cover on my 1990 Jetta once, went in my mother’s washing machine LOL. It wasn’t that hard to get off and on, just a wrestling match with the cushion and bending some hog clips to release and replace. Looked like new after. But maybe VW has changed attachment methods since then.