View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2018, 21:50   #26
gmcjetpilot
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith67inla View Post
So every car that gets fixed gets that warranty? I just bought a 2015 Jetta s that has the 1st update only from a local Nissan dealership. They didn’t say anything about a warranty so I bought the extended from them. Did I waste my money on a extended warranty from Nissan? Thanks Brian.
Yes you wasted your money because most extended warranties are terrible. Who is underwriting it? Nissan? The Dealer? If you did not pay much AND the dealer is a stand up company (and the contract you signed is not full of exceptions, exclusions, limits, high deductibles) it may be OK. Insurance is paying for something you hope to never use.

VW has pretty long regular warranty, much less the extended warranties some going out 120K miles and 10 years for specific things (fuel pump, emissions). Regardless if something breaks that is covered by VW, the secondary coverage will defer to VW and not fix it. It is likely in the warranty contract you signed. YOU DID GET IT IN WRITING? They know this when they sell you these late model used cars the manufacture warranty will cover most of what they are selling you, since they run parallel.

Last edited by gmcjetpilot; February 28th, 2018 at 21:55.
gmcjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06697 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.56 Kb. compressed to 14.76 Kb. by saving 1.80 Kb. (10.86%)]