Deoxit D5

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
Just wanted everyone to know what a believer I am on this product. First I used it on my Glow Plugs and Harness and after clearing the MIL it hasn't come back on. Then yesterday I got a sputtering/Surging on start up in cold weather. I pulled the MAF censor out and sprayed it a couple of times and now it starts and is very smooth. I even think the car runs better.

Best $10 I have spent.

I also believe that some people that have changed out their Glow Plugs without checking them and or the harness wasted their money. When I bought my car it had 86k miles on it. The guy I bought it from had just replaced the Glow Plugs and harness. I still have those in my shed. Most likely they are fine. I have 237K miles on the car now.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
It works great but it can't fix everything. Test the glow plugs with an ohm meter.

thekrauthouse

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
98 Jetta, 99.5 Jetta, 83 Jetta coupe, 85 Jetta coupe
I use this stuff all the time and love it. I work on a lot of Navy stuff too and you would be surprised the crud it will eat off a circuit board.

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
Where can you get the detox d5? I'm having a rought time locating some.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
A lineman left a can of Deoxit at the base of my next door neighbor's power pole a few years ago. That stuff is great. We both use it on our boats, it is a great corrosion delayer.

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
looks like many choices for this Deoxit d 5, so what is the best for the glow plug harness?

Randall

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 & 2000 new beetles
I used to use the stuff to fix dirty tuners, and bad pot switches in the day. Was the best stuff I used. I think I still have a can around.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I just bought a can of DeOxit to fix some sticky relays in a power amp. I purchased DeOxit 100. A 2 oz. can was $18.50. But, it is pure, 100% DeOxit, with no other chemicals or propellents. Each press of the button is a metered shot. Worked great for me.

Haven't had to use it on the TDI, yet.

DeOxit: Highly recommended!

79_Limited

TDI
2003 Jetta
Good timing on this post. I just received a can in the mail which I plan clean up the pots on a large format recording console.

I did not think to use it on my TDI.