View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:41   #57
NarfBLAST
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.8 - 4.5 (40 - 52)

Well I picked up a 9mm 12 point 3/4 inch drive socket at Napa, cost $4.09 and the pressure plate came off easily. The clutch was down past the rivets, here is a pic just before the friction material slipped off of what was left of the rivets.

The DMF was siezed up. I can get it to move about a quarter inch but I can not get it back to center to get the holes to line up with the bolts:

So I start cutting, and find out that, yes, the center hub it not attached so it will fall right out with six cuts. Ofcourse I found this out after I had made 8 cuts slowly removing the four little chunks, and decided to make two more cuts to see if the hub would fall out. Not hard to do with a 4.5 inch angle grinder and a fresh cutoff wheel, just need to rotate the flywheel so the sparks are always pointing down. You should always rotate counterclockwise from the flywheel side, correct? (clockwise from the timing belt side?)

Now for the crank bolts I did need a flywheel holding tool, so I made one, sorry no picture of it installed on the block, I was too eager to get the flywheel off, will grab a picture when I put the new flywheel in.

I re-installed the crank bolts to keep dirt and moisture out. I am just waiting until I get the new parts and the time to put them in:

I should probably replace the rear main seal but it is dry and I hate dealing with fluids and seals, I am afraid I will do more harm than good. Besides that thing looks intimidating. It reminds me of the "Stargate".
The NARFmobile blog / push button ignition / thrustmaster shifter / http://narfblast.com

Last edited by NarfBLAST; June 16th, 2011 at 11:44.
NarfBLAST is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06550 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.93 Kb. compressed to 16.16 Kb. by saving 1.77 Kb. (9.87%)]