Newbie FOG presents...

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
'02 Golf TDI 5-speed...

I'm posting these pics for my Dad, TDIclub.com newbie, FOG.

A shot from the rear showcasing his "1.9T" (9 is the 6 from a VR6 badge turned upside down) and "TDI Sport Edition" badges, tint, TDIclub.com plate frame surrounding his custom plate, DriverGear roof spoiler and finally his hybrid mufflerectomy.

Here's a shot better showing the hybrid mufflerectomy. Basically, he took a junk Jetta rear muffler, cut the top off to gut the internals and then welded the top back on, cut off the tips, put on a set of aftermarket tips and made a cutout in the rear valence for the tips. Seems like a lot of work compared to just lopping off the rear muffler and replacing with a straight pipe, but the Jetta muffler was free and he now has exposed tips that look very factory.

Here we have the 337/20th Anniversary GTI front spoiler (purchased when the 337 first came out and the part only cost about $58!). Hopefully the rear valence is getting color-matched in the spring, to match. The plug sticking out, that's the TDI Heater and you can also see the clear sidemarkers (look perfect on a white car IMO).

DriverGear dash trim, VDO gauges (boost, oil pressure/temp), DriverGear shiftknob on a shortened factory shifter and "TDI Sport Edition". Oh yeah, can't forget the StreetPilot.

Can we say E-codes...fog lights and manual leveling are working features. On the far right of the pic, you can just see the DriverGear chrome grill trim.

What you can't see...
- Upsolute chip (anyone have a RC1/2 equipped Golf for him to drive??)
- blue mirrors
- disconnected EGR
- etc. (I'm sure he'll chime in)

Anyway, there you have it folks, one of his pride-and-joy!

FOG

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 2-Door
Thanks David.
I also have a 1.8/VR6 schnorkel on the stock air filter housing. No snow screen. I also removed the window type screen from the MAF sensor but the big screen remains in it. More pic. in the the spring when the rear valence is white and I have my summer wheels on.
Dad (FOG) 02 GL TDI