Turbo actuator `05 BEW

Parrtown

TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon TDI
Does anyone know where I could get a wastegate actuator for `05 Jetta TDI with BEW engine?
I do not want to buy the entire turbo if possible. It`s nuts that VW-BorgWarner does not sell that component separate from the entire turbo unit.

andrewspearns

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDi Highline
Is the actuator not working, or is it throwing a code for the sensor? My brother bought an 04 PD and it took a couple days to get that code to disappear!

Parrtown

TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon TDI
Thanks for the tip about the outfit in Colorado. I am now checking with my garage to see how doable this is, and will post the results after we've had a chance to look into it further.

BTW, for anyone looking for a full turbos, there's an outfit in Mass., USA that will sell a brand new B-W for $999.00 or a Garret for $899 - - best Canadian price I could get was $1,400.

Parrtown

TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon TDI
Yes, Joe & Robs will be doing the work. They have had one on backorder for some weeks (mayber Roseland, I'm not sure), but I decided to simply order from Kermatdi as I need the car for a road trip next month. The actuator was shipped from Kermatdi in Colorado today; we'll see how long it takes to get here.
I'll post the results with the full price and cost of installation, when it happens.

Parrtown

TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon TDI
Turbo Actuator for '05 BEW

Thanks to this forum I was able to contact Kerma TDI and bought an actuator from them and had it installed at Joe & Rob's in Saint John.
The car now works like new.

Cost of Actuator: $ US 220, including shipping
Labour to install: $300

It took about 2 weeks for the part to be delivered, but it would have been here in 5 days, had I used FEDEX Air and $25 or so more for shipping.

Well satisfied.