View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2020, 17:33   #3
joshferrer

Default CKRA Motor Swap; Fuel Pump Not Turning On: Code: B103E

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3kTDi View Post
Try to jump the lift pump (in-tank fuel pump) directly with 12v. Just to see if the pump can operate.

I have not worked on my 2015 TDi's fuel pump, but I have worked on several other VW fuel pumps. Giving 12 volts and hearing it work allows you to troubleshoot more effectively. (Four wires are usual: two for power, two for float sensor. The outside pair are the usual pump power wires.)

It should be pretty simple to just lift the rear seat and access the pump cover.

After that...relay and/or fuse.

Okay so the lift pump turns on when I directly connected it to 12v.

While disconnected, I decided to test the power coming into the connector to the pump as well to make sure there wasn’t any power issues coming in. With the ignition on, and in vcds priming the pump, there is 9v power coming in to the connector.

Checked fuses and the fuses and relays are all fine.

I decided to disconnect the fuel level sender. I then connected the lift pump without the level sender on and tried to run it since power is good going to it. It wouldn’t turn on.

The pump is good and turns on it’s own. Could it be a bad sensor causing it not to turn on when connected to the car?

On my way to go pick up a fuel level sender from the dealer to install to see if that changes anything.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by joshferrer; February 13th, 2020 at 17:36.
joshferrer is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06068 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.39 Kb. compressed to 14.74 Kb. by saving 1.65 Kb. (10.08%)]