Connecting rod torque value?

87homebuilttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 tdi, 2006 Jetta DSG, 2003 ALH Wagon
Does anybody know the connecting rod bolt torque value for a BRM 2006 TDI? Also, are the bolts reusable?

What exactly is the right sealer for the oil pan?

Do the DSG flywheel bolts have to be replaced when changing the flywheel? What is the torque value?

Does the Torx screw that holds the sprocket on the oil pump have to be replaced if you remove it? What is the torque value?

Is there a specific sealer for the cam cover gasket?

Is a special tool needed to install a new rear main seal?

Is the tandem pump a trouble item, does it need replacement at a certain mileage? Does it leak fuel into the crankcase if it's bad?

Thank you for your assistance.

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
The Bentley manual has the values and procedures in it. I have no idea what you might mean by bad. I have used Bentley manuals since 1977 with no problems. It sounds like you should have a Bentley based on all the stuff you are doing.

87homebuilttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 tdi, 2006 Jetta DSG, 2003 ALH Wagon
Thanks for nothin', roadhard!
The 2006 TDI Jetta edition of the Bentley manual does not have connecting rod torque information anywhere between it's covers. If I didn't have that miserable manual, how would I know this?

2footbraker

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 01 Golf
Easy there big fella! Unfortunately, the newer Bentley's have nowhere near the engine rebuild info of the older model manuals.

As far as your other questions, most have been covered in detailed threads. I suggest you try searching.

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
I guess you got me. My 2003 manual has the torque and one time use info for the rod bolts. I know there is a comment someplace about a tiny dab of sealant onteh valve cover gasket but I cannot find the comment. The manual talks about silicone sealant for the pan. Of course my 2003 has a different fuel system so no help there. And of course lots of changes could have happened between 2003 and 2006 so my book may be of no use. The rear main is an assembly. You may find some clues here if your manual is good for nothing. http://www.idparts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=29_71&osCsid=ghs8jhmkernike7buphqd1k6r3
or try worldimpex

I would be interested to see how bad the electronic manual is for the 2006 as the 2003 is fair but frustrating to use. Sometimes torque values are not in convenient places.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
30 Nm + 1/4 turn, always replace. Same as all the 4 cyl PD TDIs with the industrially cracked rods sold here.

Your 2003's ALH engine shares virtually no parts with the 2006's BRM engine.