Front fenders with side lights on an '05 Passat

davran

TDI
'05 Passat TDI Wagon
All,

My Passat wagon has signal lights in the side mirrors, and no running lights on the front fenders. It is possible to put on earlier front fenders with the side lights in them? My fenders both have rust, and I want to change then anyway.

I'd like the fender lights to go on with the lights, and the mirrors signals still work.

Thanks,

Dave

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Yes...they will fit so long as they are b5.5, the bumper, hood and headlights are different on a b5

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There will not be any wiring to the fender mounted side turn signals on the later B5s though. So if you should want to make them work (not sure why you'd want this if the car already has them functional in the mirrors, but whatever), you'll need to figure that out.

I prefer the cleaner looks of the 2004.5+ mirror mounted lights myself.

If you just wanted the fender turn signals to be extra marker lamps, you could probably easily piggyback off the (again, already existing) marker lamps in the front bumper and run a connector and wire back to them. In that case, you'd want to run a lower wattage bulb than they normally would have used maybe, as they may be too bright for just a marker lamp.

Last edited:

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Depending on inspection rules and the rigidness of the inspector, they might require you to wire the lights. It will look like a light that's not operational.

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
I think it was only the 05's that had the t/signal in the mirror, correct?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I think it was only the 05's that had the t/signal in the mirror, correct?

Nope, it was a mid 2004 change. Both my 2004s have them in the mirrors. However, the diesel B5 didn't make it here until middle 2004, so ALL the diesel B5s sold here have them in the mirrors.

Btravelen

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDI Passat Variant
I've seen a TDI Wagon a few years back with the signals in the fenders. I thought it was odd at the time. I'm certain 'TDI' was on the back

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk