The "I hope This Thread Doesn't Last Long, RICH IS BUILDING MY ENGINE AGAIN' Thread

3/12 Car arrives at Fix-Um Haus, how long til finished?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
The "I hope This Thread Doesn't Last Long, RICH IS BUILDING MY ENGINE AGAIN' Thread

Starting a new thread, in the hopes that Rich finishes building my engine, before said thread, becomes an institution in and of itself. Containing stories with references to characters and motivations, as to why Rich would undertake another 'Clubby Build'. With that said, let the games begin. I"ll start off with, why would Rich tell Al that I drove his new build before Al had a chance to drive it! Can't really say, but I can tell you one thing about that morning. Al will Never get that car up to, nor even close, to the speed it ran that day! Touche :rolleyes:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
DOK, are you going to bring it up to the next GTG here in the Bay Area?

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
DOK, are you going to bring it up to the next GTG here in the Bay Area?
Only if he's pushing it . . .

He's training legs with me twice a week at the gym while Elyse is busy with her private trainer. We're looking for mid 600's on calf raises and 500 on leg press at 25 reps. by mid-year. Oh, and he's off steroids this time, and working on joint strength strategies as we go.

I've recorded sound bites of a young Arnold egging him on with, 'Dave -- Dave is the first syllable in LOSER". If I can find Benny Poda, Chuck Norris's old trainer, I'm going to get sound bites of him telling Dave, "See what you want, CRYO what you want", and "There is NO PAIN, only power, eehhhrrrr, excuse me, ONLY TORQUE". Self hypnosis is the greatest training tool there is . . .

Last edited:

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
I don't believe in water picks. Do you Al? Or would you care to elaborate on the meaning behind the Member's title.

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
You adding the girdle this time Doc?
I don't think he needs one -- he seems to be pretty lean, and he's always poking at me about my diet. In fact, when my youngest graduated from high school, I gave Dave the Dickies overalls I was required to buy for his auto shop class. My kid's a genius -- in other words, he figured out how to pass the class without EVER wearing the overalls. You top that.

Since I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be losing 50 lbs. anytime soon, they became Dave's. So back to your original question -- No, I don't think DOK needs a girdle.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I will take the rest of the car to use as spares!
You've got money ... check your Paypal.

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
I think you should at least scrape the soot off the bumper, bottle it up and give it back to Dave so he can remember all the fun times he had fogging people behind him.

I would like his Comp-C's please. Shipped to 94002! =)

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Great news from the Periodontist. We(he) decided to start over from scratch and build up a brand new stronger motor(I'll sit around in Rich's office whilst the dentist goes at it). So at the end of the evening, one motor will be in said Jetta performance street/track car, and another will be on the sidelines. That's right, the one which broke all records in my own mind, will be up for sale, to pay for the divorce costs, I'm sure will arise, when wifey poo figures this one out! The cracked block will be on display at LCR's house as a reminder to his children, never drive with dok:rolleyes:

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
T4 pistons on the way to Cryogenic Institute of New England for the deep freeze, thanks to Aaron! IE Tall Boys and Girdle hanging from a nail over the toilet at Fixum. Safest place in the shop.

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
Hey Rich, the Rosten rods are on the way, please don't sell them!
The Rosten rods are wrapped in your Washington Husky's hoodie jacket, which I removed from it's position drapped over my transmission, and spotted and washed three times. It's not perfect, but it's completely clean and wearable (or ready to be drapped over the next customer's transmission).

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Hey Rich,

Put me down for the 12 mm pump, block girdle & the turbo kit..

i told Dave when he drops his car off i am gonna start parting it out . pre orders available now . i will have a complete list soon . peace R

fixumrich

The Periodontist
TDI
2001 bug
Hey Big Matt AHU got your pay pal payment for the rods . When they show up here i will re gift and ship them down to ya . We can iron out the details on chat at lunch . R

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
Hey Big Matt AHU got your pay pal payment for the rods . When they show up here i will re gift and ship them down to ya . We can iron out the details on chat at lunch . R
If you would have said something, I would have just told Dave to ship them directly to Matt.

Hey Rich, Can we just drop in a V10 and call it good!
He's always changing his mind. I knew he didn't need those rods.

Status
Not open for further replies.