Vacuum line Help?!?!?!?

nizzydog717

TDI
2000 jetta 1.9 tdi
Ok, so at first i found one vacuum line just laying in my engine bay, figured out its to the air box. now i found 2 more one just hanging there and the other, the same, but had a 2 way split in it so there must be another vacuum line laying around somewhere. So can anyone supply me with a full vacuum diagram for a, 2000 jetta tdi 1.9l manual trans. so i can figure this out?? could this be why my brakes feel weird and my engine light:confused: :confused: ? Thanks!!!!

nizzydog717

TDI
2000 jetta 1.9 tdi
Canadian_Grizzly said:
There is a diagram in my writeup... see my signature
Ohh wow thanks, I needed this for a while. Ill get on it tomorrow and then see how everything is. Is this all the same for AT.M. as its is for a Manual? Just asking. Ill post any differences or troubles i run into, again Thank you!

Canadian_Grizzly

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the appreciation... there were just so many people running into the problem it got tiresome rewriting stuff each time.
I believe the diagram is the same for a/t and manual just remember to do hoses one at a time and be careful removing the old lines so you don't break any nipples.

i_charus

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
I have been having vacuum hose issues as well, your diagram is just what I've been looking for. I think I have a (if not multiple) leaks and was going to change the lines. Do you by chance know what size and where I can purchase the vacuum hoses? I've been reading on line and some people are saying I need to order them, some say only dealers have them, some say home depot is fine. It's a 2000 Jetta TDI. Thanks for any suggestions

nizzydog717

TDI
2000 jetta 1.9 tdi
I went and figured it all out. I seem to have way more power and my brakes work almost perfect. But as I was on the highway on a long drive( about 125miles) I all of a sudden couldent get it over 60mph. So I put it in nuteral and restarted the car and all power was back. So vacuum leak? I probly just need to replace all my lines. Thanks. My friend said I'm going to have to fork out over 150$$ but I don't have that kind of money. Is he right?

And all my lines are stock, found the unhooked ones just layin around.

Last edited:

Joester

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
i broke a nipple one time and it took thousands in corrective surgery and months in rehab. be very very careful =)

i_charus

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
I don't know about $150. The stock hoses in my car are all braided, I'm being told that the silicon (unbraided) are fine to use. And the run about $30-40 for enough hose to replace all your hoses. Just taking the time to do it

nizzydog717

TDI
2000 jetta 1.9 tdi
LoL guys, thanks. my turbo seems to be like somewhat fluctuating at times i have plenty of power or not that much but big improvement with you guys help =p. i guess I'm looking into vacuum lines now... And i busted my widow putting on new wippers ***!