Outdoor activities at the fest?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I've never been to Kentucky but I'd imagine some of the attendees live there and know the area where we will be staying. Is there any good fishing up there? Should I bring some rods and reels or leave all of the behind in Florida?;)

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
Red River Gorge is only 45-50 miles away if anyone wants to do a little camping/climbing. It might get a little bit hot though...

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Have not posted in this site/thread for a long time but I would like to mention that the same weekend Questapolooza (sp) is going on the same weekend as TDIFest.

see it here.
http://www.qpza.com/

I am not trying to promote this at all, I dont go to the church, dont do anything with them at all. I just happen to have a family friend who go there and can not boast more about it. Every year it seems Questapolooza gets bigger, and living in KY ( lex) my whole life there is not much to do if you do not like horses, random country drives, or beer/wiskey/Bourbon tasting/trails. Just a heads up if you are coming and want some thing else to do and listen to music there is at least this.
Once again, I am not trying to promote this, i dont even like any of the music, just putting it out there for some thing else to do.

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
... living in KY ( lex) my whole life there is not much to do if you do not like horses, random country drives, or beer/wiskey/Bourbon tasting/trails.
Thanks, that's about what I figured out when I tried to find some attractions nearby.
One good thing, it's cheaper that way, less activities and shorter stay at the hotel ;)

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Red River Gorge is only 45-50 miles away if anyone wants to do a little camping/climbing. It might get a little bit hot though...
Amazing place. It's not jokingly referred to (in my group of friends) as the "Grand Canyon of the East" for no reason. It is quite a bit smaller and full of trees, but no less beautiful. :)

There are huge overhang type caves, sheer dropoffs, and amazing views. Not really safe for little kids...i'd say 12 or under. Chimney top/half moon/angel arch are the spots to go. Natural bridge state park is good too, but sometimes really crowded.

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
Amazing place. It's not jokingly referred to (in my group of friends) as the "Grand Canyon of the East" for no reason. It is quite a bit smaller and full of trees, but no less beautiful. :)

There are huge overhang type caves, sheer dropoffs, and amazing views. Not really safe for little kids...i'd say 12 or under. Chimney top/half moon/angel arch are the spots to go. Natural bridge state park is good too, but sometimes really crowded.
Wow! That sounds promising !
I was looking for a place to shoot nice photos... I think I just found it !

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
The Red River Gorge is so close to Lexington I can't pass up the chance to go. It's been at least 6 or 7 years since I've been there...I hope I can find a few spare hours on one of the days on this weekend to get over there!