2010 TDI Cup Edition Jetta

janssen_nicholas

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup
Looking to sell my 2010 TDI Cup Edition Jetta. The car doesn't have the thunder bunny bumpers. It has 130k miles and several upgrades including:
CP3 High Pressure Fuel Pump w/ 1 micron filter
Complete turbo back Buzzken 3" Exhaust
Custom intake with Pro Dry S AFE Filter
CR 170 turbo installed last week
Malone stage 3 tune with full EGR / DPF delete w/ dynamic idle
Malone DSG tune
Blacked out Depo projector headlights with 55w HIDs
Blacked out LED tail lights
Koni coilovers
Aluminum ECS tuning control arms with poly bushings
Poly dogbone mount insert
New ball joints
Fluidampr harmonic balancer
Full LED interior, trunk, and license plate lights
Projector fog lights with Euro switch
Navigation
New valve cover
Mann Provent crankcase vent filter
New timing belt with pulleys and water pump at 116k miles
New dual mass flywheel
New thermostat
EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff ceramic pads at 116k miles
Stainless steel ECS tuning brake lines
Huper Optik ceramic tint
Integrated Engineering forged rods
Ceramic coated pistons
New head gasket and rod bearings as of 9/2018. (water ingestion)
I'm asking $15k with all the upgrades and since it's a cup edition car. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
Nice ride...would you share rim size/width/offset and tire size please?

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
Weren't the thunder bunny bumpers included with the cup edition package?

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
Some came without.
so if no thunder bunny bumpers like in the case, the car will be more like a 2.0 TSI Wolfsburg edition plus GTI seats, MFSW and TDI Cup sticker on the back doors correct?

dre77vw

TDI
Weiß ~ 97 White Passat Wagon B4V, 5sp, 360k
so if no thunder bunny bumpers like in the case, the car will be more like a 2.0 TSI Wolfsburg edition plus GTI seats, MFSW and TDI Cup sticker on the back doors correct?
Besides the TSI being a gasser? Did you just assume that difference? A much bigger difference than bumpers.

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
No offense, but as an average TDI enthusiast, when I hear TDI Cup Edition the first thing that comes to my mind is the unique front bumper, GLI rear bumper valence and Charleston wheels. This is the first time I hear some of them came from factory without the above mentioned options.

Last edited:

janssen_nicholas

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup
The torque limiter on the DSG is higher from the factory as well as "TDI Cup" on the door jams, GTI brakes, and polished brake pedals. In addition to the things you mentioned...

kyle_h

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI Execline R-Line
GTI brakes, GLI seats, GLI suspension, black headliner/trims, MFI cluster, Multi function steering wheel, polished pedals, Cup Edition/Fahrenheit GLI specific wheels (well the ones that were on his car) decals, thunderbunny body kit (not on this specific car) white cluster, RCD510 radio, bluetooth.... Not sure what I missed...

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
Not particularly relevant to this thread, but my local dealer has a Laser Blue Cup Edition that also came without the thunderbunny bumpers that is in the middle of the buy back process. As old as it is, I'd assume it's fate is to be a pancake. :(

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
Not particularly relevant to this thread, but my local dealer has a Laser Blue Cup Edition that also came without the thunderbunny bumpers that is in the middle of the buy back process. As old as it is, I'd assume it's fate is to be a pancake. :(
Ask them if they can buy it for you. Dealers get dibs on buyback cars before they go to auction. Is it a DSG car?

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
Actually this is very relevant as many of us are asking how you could call a TDI Cup Edition a jetta without its distinctive front fender and ground effects. I finally learn that not all TDI Cup Edition jettas came out with this kit of ground effects they are famous for. Good info.....and yes let us know if the blue Cup Edition is DSG or 6 speed and where it is located.

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
Ask them if they can buy it for you. Dealers get dibs on buyback cars before they go to auction. Is it a DSG car?

A friend that works at the dealership was trying to find out more about it. I'll have to follow up with him...

Actually this is very relevant as many of us are asking how you could call a TDI Cup Edition a jetta without its distinctive front fender and ground effects. I finally learn that not all TDI Cup Edition jettas came out with this kit of ground effects they are famous for. Good info.....and yes let us know if the blue Cup Edition is DSG or 6 speed and where it is located.

It's a DSG car, unfortunately. Located at Steve White VW in Greenville, SC.

Kannif

TDI
Looking now...
A friend that works at the dealership was trying to find out more about it. I'll have to follow up with him...

It's a DSG car, unfortunately. Located at Steve White VW in Greenville, SC.

Did your friend ever find anything out on the blue cup edition?