Auto to Manual Swap

pmkg

TDI
2000 tdi bettle, F350 crew cab, yanmar 1500d 4x4
Ok so we are getting ready to do a auto to manual swap. Have Two complete Cars. 2000 tdi golf auto, and 2000 jetta 5 speed. The auto is a one owner and has been babied all it's life 187,000 mi No slipping and working great. The 5 speed is working good 318,000 mi. I know your going to say don't put the auto back in but my 15 teen year old daughter is learning to drive and does not want to start out with a stick.

My question is I see all kinds of info on going Auto to Manual but How about Going Manual to Auto? ie: does the car getting the manual still need the TCU? does the wiring harness in orginal manual have a connector for TCU?
Any other Info greatly appreaciated.:)

John96895

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
Not sure I understand about putting the "auto back in", but, that being said, why go through all the hassle with swapping two high-mileage transmissions? (Much easier swapping the daughter into the Golf, and calling it a day!)

pmkg

TDI
2000 tdi bettle, F350 crew cab, yanmar 1500d 4x4
Maybe easier but the guy that owns the Golf bought it new and he knows his car inside and out. The jetta has some idle issues needs injection pump did the hammer mod idles a little better but still rough. Runs great at anything over 1500 rpm Plus the jetta has double the miles on it.

Anyway the swap is the way it's going to go so just had these couple of questions.