Logo design contest! '09 Fest

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
oEo said:
Has there been any discussion of 1-sided vs 2-sided shirts? I would assume 2-sides will increase the cost?
Probably two sided. Typical design is small logo in the breast pocket area, and large logo on the back.

I do like the lighter blue shirt much more than the typical light gray/light blue/white T shirt. Nice logo.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We're doing two-sided shirts, like paramedick mentioned. A breast-pocket logo on the front (not set in stone, could be larger if it looks good) and a full logo on the back. I've also been kicking around the idea of having vendor (essentially sponsors) names on the backs of the shirts.

As for the colors, I really like the blue and the blue-gray pictured above. :cool: Great work, and thanks for putting that together!

I've already spoken with one shirt company who I'm very familiar with and gotten good pricing, but I'm not opposed to exploring other options. It's all about quality work at the right price. :)

Also, when designing your logos, keep something in mind for use on the pin. We have pins every year, and the logo needs to be something that will work well with the standard pin design that we've been using over the years.

Keep the ideas coming, folks! I'm really liking what I'm seeing! :D

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
jettafock said:
no redskin's color either. That would just make fore a good rag after the fest.
ROTFLMFAO............So I guess is has to be Crows Colors, LOL!......Purple and White?? In your dreams Focker!

ozpassatwagon05

TDI
05 Passat Wagon TDI
Here is a breast pocket area idea... I don't know if this would work for the pins... i have never been to a TDI FEST so i don't have a clue to what types of goodies are out there... This year will be my first so i am just trying to lend a hand by throwing ideas in. This is that same blue color. I like the blue, white and yellow just because its VW's colors (blue&white letters, yellowish buildings)

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Hell no. Green and Gold baby all the way.

tomo366 said:
ROTFLMFAO............So I guess is has to be Crows Colors, LOL!......Purple and White?? In your dreams Focker!

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I agree, I kinda liked the more centered front with the "e-l-p" under it opposed to the pocket look

BKmetz said:
I like this one the best, so far...

:)

ozpassatwagon05

TDI
05 Passat Wagon TDI
I like the way it turned out too... i figured the space below the logo on the back could be for the vendors logos/website once its known who will be there...

Anyway that was what i had in mind if i brainstorm something else up i will try and post it.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
ozpassatwagon05 said:
I like the way it turned out too... i figured the space below the logo on the back could be for the vendors logos/website once its known who will be there...

Anyway that was what i had in mind if i brainstorm something else up i will try and post it.
I like it! Thanks for spending your time to put that together. :)

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Working on something, too...;)

Last edited:

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
Hamsterdiesel said:
Working on something, too...;)
As am I.

When is the 'getting close cutoff' for designs, and pardon me if it has been added to the thread since i last checked for it?

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
valvecrusher said:
As am I.

When is the 'getting close cutoff' for designs, and pardon me if it has been added to the thread since i last checked for it?

Post #1 says May 15th. I would assume we have till next month to keep making roughs/comps.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
valvecrusher said:
As am I.

We're shooting for May 15th because we will need to incorporate the logo design into a few things, including the registration page, vendor invitations, dealer invitations, pins, t-shirts, and a number of other things.

I can't wait to see what you all are coming up with! :D

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Unfortunately the proposed new registration system didn't work out. It sounded very promising, but the developer ran out of time for us. :(

That said we are in the midst of getting the system from the last two years back up. A few tweaks and cleanup is being done at the moment. VeeDubTDI can comment on the new date.

Sorry for the delay. I know a number of you want to be the first to register.;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm shooting for May 1st registration. As Fred said, we're currently setting up OS Commerce for our registration system. It's going faster than I expected, but we'll need a couple of days to test it for bugs. :)

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Looking at some of the avatars around, there are some creative members of this forum. Time to get some of the creative talent used for this.

We need more to vote on!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just a reminder that we'd like to make a decision on the logo by May 15th. Still looking for a few more designs to choose from! I know there are some creative people on here... let's see some more ideas! :cool:

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a design so far! :)

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
I narrowed my layouts down to one design with different variations. I'll post them sometime on the 15th.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
oEo said:
I narrowed my layouts down to one design with different variations. I'll post them sometime on the 15th.
Cool! Looking forward to seeing them. :)

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
Lawson,
Any chance of extending the deadline until Monday, at least?

There seems to be alot of last minute hurried interest, but if everyone was aware that they still had a full weekend to resolve/polish/tune their design...

It would seem an extension might be in order, to prod our talented folks to try their luck...
not a huge extension, but perhaps a little more time..