malone stage 2

vwman2

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon Tdi, 2010 Golf TDI
Hey all,

This weekend i will be be receving a Malone stage 2 tune on my 03 Jetta TDI 5spd, prior to the install i hope to upgrade the nozzels. What would be recomended?

I have a VR6 cluch upgrade

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
With the clutch installed, DLC 1019 Stage I...best bang for the buck and works great with that tune. No smoke, great fuel economy, and supports plenty of future mods without having to buy another nozzle.

If you had a stock clutch, the PP520 or DLC520 would work, but even so the DLC1019 would still keep you under the torque limits with his tune and a stage I flow setting.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
Buy once, buy right, and be done with it instead of chasing multiple nozzle types.

FWIW, the DLC1019 will support upwards of 210hp BUT with a lower flow provide the owner with 50+ mpg fuel economy coupled with the right tune (as it appears he has opted for). Also the DLC1019 works perfectly with a STOCK ECU and engine as a plug and play install, this alone turns the engine into completely different performer and retains the margins built into the car from a durability and efficiency standpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
Thus the reason to pick the correct nozzle the first time...

02DslPwr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, TDI
Regardles of the banter above, this is excellent advice the OP is getting for free. I'm in a situation where I will be buying nozzles twice. KERMA told me to buy big initially and I didn't. Now that choice is costing me...

Buy once, buy right, and be done with it instead of chasing multiple nozzle types.

FWIW, the DLC1019 will support upwards of 210hp BUT with a lower flow provide the owner with 50+ mpg fuel economy coupled with the right tune (as it appears he has opted for). Also the DLC1019 works perfectly with a STOCK ECU and engine as a plug and play install, this alone turns the engine into completely different performer and retains the margins built into the car from a durability and efficiency standpoint.

LtsmashVR

TDI
'03 Jetta ALH
To answer your question i ran Titan 764s (.234) injectors with malone stage 1.5 and stage 3, they are a good combo on both tunes. The stage 3 tune really improves low end torque. I would, instead of going for smaller nozzles, get as big as you are going to go instead of creeping them up to go with your tune. Save the time, and hassle. Regardless of what nozzles you go, malone sets up the tune to match your nozzle size, as fuel mapping has to be different for each nozzle size, so there is no required nozzle for a malone tune. He can set up a stage 2 tune for stock .184s, .205s, .216s, .232s etc. Just let him know what you are running when you get the tune done.

slamhouse

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
I myself have been mislead by DBW in that i would see 200+hp with a simple nozzle and tune upgrade. This is not true.

But, the information he provides is very true and accurate and his experience with fuel injection technology is not to be questioned.

We all want business and will recommend equipment that we are familiar with and have experience with. DBW simply gave information on the products he is experienced with and nothing more. The same goes for you, you will provide information and suggest products that you are familiar with.

DBW is respectable in the aspect of injector calibration and all related tasks including nozzles.

Lets let this vendor battle that's partaken for the last few days come to a rest, you both are respectable in your expertise and are excellent in your support and contributions to this forum. for that we all thank you.:)

toolongtospell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (170K)
WOW, okay I don't want to start stating things that I might be looking over, but here I'm seeing the Bosio DLC 1019 for $360 on amazon (note the ship and sold by kermaTDI) http://www.amazon.com/Bosio-DLC-1019/dp/B0049IZM5M

On kermaTDI's website $549? Am I missing something?

Ok, never mind I was missing something. Qloader was included in the $549.
DLC 1019 by themselves are $299

Last edited: