what is this leaking, can it be fixed?

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
for the last while, my cars been going into limp mode around 2500RPM. checked the usuals, all came back good. im getting code p2564 = turbo boost control position. the boost controller, and its wires seem fine. wastegate is fine. MAF unplugged doesnt change anything. intercooler piping was rough, fixed, but didnt seem to change much.

have checked a few things and my mechanic finally discovered this loose fitting thats on a large vacuum line. its involved in the vacuum process and when he wiggles it, says itll adjust the vacuum that he has pulled. (its the one on the right with the hose clamp)

I am wondering if this can be tightened, or replaced? whats the fix for this? whats this piece even called?!

ive had problems with this part also back in Feb 2017.... it had leaked diesel onto a coolant line below, and was causing the coolant line to swell, degrade, and then leak significantly. ive had a new gasket waiting in the glovebox for almost 16 months now... oops.

anyways, what can be done now? any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
That's a fairly common problem on both regular vacuum pumps as well as Tandem Pumps HERE'S one way to fix it. Good luck and keep us posted.

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
awesome!! thanks for that. seems somewhat of an easy fix.

if I were to fix that vacuum leak... would that possibly cure my turbo problems? is that leaking nipple a common culprit for the turbo losing boost/going into limp mode?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
awesome!! thanks for that. seems somewhat of an easy fix.

if I were to fix that vacuum leak... would that possibly cure my turbo problems? is that leaking nipple a common culprit for the turbo losing boost/going into limp mode?
You're welcome. Yes, if is leaking badly, there's not enough vacuum for the VNT actuator to operate in its full range, and it could throw that code.

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
well. turns out that wasnt my problem. I think it was a tad loose and not perfect, but it wasnt harming anything.

I had a VW specialty mechanic replace the tandem pump gasket as well as change the intercooler piping by the passenger wheel and that seems to of solved it. left that nipple alone. interesting.