View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2017, 05:05   #2210
TooSlick
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Audi 100S

Hey "New Mickey",

Good grief, are we still debating the whole Amsoil Cert issue from ten years ago?I posted a long novel's worth of responses on the subject myself. Now that Al Amatuzio's son and SIL are running Amsoil, I suspect they'll obtain the proper Certifications where the corporate ROI would justify it, for example with their VW 504/507 Euro Formula and BMW and Mercedes, TDI Spec oils.

FWIW, I like the new, Heavy Duty, API rated, CK-4/SN oils even better than the VW 504/507, or MB 229.51 stuff. The formulation chemistry of the "dual use" , European lubes is largely driven by the requirements of turbocharged, DI GAS engines these days (to prevent "LSPI"). So they may be less than optimal for use in modern, TDI diesels. Of course we have seen this with previous VW/Audi/Porsche lubes - specifically the VW 502.00/505.01 oils. The majority of those generated underwhelming results, based on used oil analysis....

Amsoil hasn't bothered getting VW 502.00, or VW 505.01 Certs. Since both are outdated Specifications anyway, I doubt they'll do so in the future....

Welcome back, by the way!

TS
TooSlick is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08755 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.89 Kb. compressed to 13.46 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.61%)]