PHOTOS: Climatronic Swap and more...

LexDube

TDI
dad's Q7 3.0 TDI :p (mine's a Jetta Vr6 24v)
Exactly, turned lights on and it started melting out the wires and smoking as hell. I didn't wanted to let them on for too long so I quite didn't pinpointed the problematic wire and also I think it messed with the intensity of the low beam as i found the lights to be less effective before starting wireBQing. gonna try turn on low beam with the climatronic disconnected to see if my clim harness is the problem but if it was that the climatronic would surely malfunction (as the wiring is point to point like yours) plugged correctly, all the wires crimped and all

sinc

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hmm unless you changed the wires on the headlights somehow I don't see that happening cause of the climatronic harness.

LexDube

TDI
Its seems that the ground wires are the victims of this wireBQ I guess its my climatronic ground that have the trouble could it be a bad contact inside my crimp or a bad ground location

Otherwise a ground for my headlight or the battery must be bad or something as the main beam definitely lost power

LexDube

TDI
The same point as the fan ground. I guess the grounding point next to the steering column on the dash bar may be too crowded

mehdi00golf

TDI
golfmk4
Hello, I has a golf 1.6 16v with manual air conditioning, I would like to install a climatronic I recover all the parts for this transformation, only I have some questions the first are that the transformation is performed in the same manner as for a golf tdi ? , secondly about the orange connector t/10, the location t10/7, t10/8 and t10/9 are already occupied, es I have to cut them and replace them with the electric beam I prepare ? , thanks.

Last edited:

LordGunner

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.9L 6 speed manual
T17/7

T17/7 isn’t in your guide but in the Bentley manual it says it goes to the T14/4 on the fan control module. Do I NEED to hook this wire up or will it work with the current instructions you’ve provided?