Intake flapper valve problem

Fdxjetmech

TDI
2006 Jetta
Ok bought my jetta last month. It has 115k on the odo but got it for a steal. But it had a check engine light. vagcom p2112. Found the flap motor unplugged. Hhhmm..... Plugged it in light goes out but engine stumbles and stalls. Start it back up idles for a few and dies. Unplug it again runs fine. Take flap motor off intake take it apart. Gears all good travels freely. Cleaned all the goo out of it and notice when it springs shut the plate sticks in the bore. Tight fit but shouldnt stick so I take plate out and scotchbright the bevel a bit. No stick now. Put it back on car. in run position valve is 1/2 open. turn key to off valve snaps shut. After 8 seconds valve opens all the way. Put intercooler snorkel on start it up engine dies with valve 1/2 open. *** ? What controls this thing ? Stealer wants to clean intake manifold to fix dont understand this. I have read lots about dirty intake and egr but not understanding the corelation. Pehaps egr sending signal to close this thing. Note records indicate egr valve was replaced 4k miles ago. Any one have this problem ?

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Assuming this is on the 2006 Jetta.

The intake flapper works with the EGR valve to control air and EGR flow mixing.

So it throttles during operation.

Take a carefull look at the control unit again. Verify that all the little bent copper contact fingers are intact, clean and actually making contact.

Someone else recently posted that their intake flap motor was shorted, blowing their control power fuse. They had to unplug it until it could be replaced.

Power loss, No Boost?,water in fuel filter unlikely title, but this is the thread.

Fdxjetmech

TDI
2006 Jetta
Ah yes it is a 2006 Jetta sorry. Yes pins all looked good. Motor appears to function fin. Its what ever controls it is sending bad info. I have clocked the shaft so I can see what it does when its running. Read some where the motor needs to be recal but havnt found the component in vagcom to do it. Still learning.