HVAC Issue

Pastie

TDI
2013 Beetle
My kid has a 2013 VW Beetle 2013 2.5L, she had rear-ended someone about 2 years ago but I am not sure anything was replaced in the HVAC system. Her ac stopped working and the repair shop said 1200 bucks for a compressor. Anyhow, I researched this model and found that RCV could be the issue. I replaced, vacuumed to -28 for hour and let it sit for an hour, no leaks, 19oz r134a, and the AC was cold for a week. Then it was randomly blowing 101 degrees, put it on non-recirculation and it would cool down to 45 degrees out of the vent at times but not every time. This past weekend I then replaced the ac pressure switch, it worked for 3 days perfectly zero flaws. She drove to for 3 hours on highway on Tuesday, it was prefect all day. The next day it was a delayed ac start, then stopped working all the way home minus a few minutes. This morning it was perfect, then at 3pm she went to gym..it was hot 101 degrees vent temp, 5 minutes later its cooling/cold. When I changed the RCV there was a small spec of metal, like a pencil lead size on the screen of the rcv. I have another RCV I could install. This car has a Manual ac it is not Climatronic. When the ac is running my gauges read 40 over 200, and it blows 42-44. When it is not running it will be 80/150 on the gauges, blows 100. These variable displacement compressors I cant figure out.

I assume that since it is cold at one point it is working fine, is that a bad assumption?

Any ideas on what it wrong or advice?