View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2004, 12:38   #15
DaveC
Veteran Member

Default 2004 West Coast TDIFest! (Let\'s Start Planning)

The only track I know about for public use in this area is the Sears Point Raceway (Now offically called Infinon Raceway). It is near Vallejo, about 40 minutes from Fairfield. They rent track time to the public. I do not know how much that costs though.
One park in the area is Lake Solano. There is swimming and fishing there for the kids. They have a large lawn area with trees for shade with lots of parking. They reserve areas for groups.

A question that comes to mind, is that do we all want to do at this GTG?
So far I have heard track for racing, barbecue, and wrenching. If we can get general concensus on the activities, we can focus on finding a spot that can accomidate all of these activities. Finding a race track is going to be somewhat of a challenge, since there are not a lot of them around, and they are expensive.
Of course we have to stay with a budget, since we do not have any wealthy benefactors that I know about. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Perhaps we can find a few local businesses to help sponsor this event.
It seems sort of ironic that we are celebrating a car that is not even legal to buy in California presently.
Perhaps we can talk a local VW dealer into having a couple demo 2004 TDI cars for us to drive and look at. Us California TDI enthusiasts would like that.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06504 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.18 Kb. compressed to 13.75 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.41%)]