View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2004, 00:55   #12
DaveC
Veteran Member

Default 2004 West Coast TDIFest! (Let\'s Start Planning)

Two problems I can think of with Vegas are: it is quite a ways south, (10 hour drive from the SF bay area)and the second thing is the heat in the summer. Do you really want to be out wrenching on your car or even outside in 110+ degree heat? I think it would be a good idea if we had it somewhere near the SF bay area. That way it is about equal distance from LA area and the folks up north.

Regarding Fairfield CA. Here is a short list of things to do FREE for the significant other and kids that do not have an interest in TDI's.
The Jelly Belly factory is in town. Free tours are given daily along with samples. Tours of the Budweiser brewery and free beer tasting. Thompsons Chocolate Factory, Wooden Valley Winery tours and tasting, and a large complex of Factory Outlet stores. Napa valley is 30 minutes away for wine tasting or sightseeing.
Vacaville Volkswagen is 10 minutes away.
Thompson's sport tuning shop is 35 minute drive away, so they can participate somehow.
(Honestly, I do not work for the local Fairfield Chamber of Commerce [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04190 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.94 Kb. compressed to 13.51 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.56%)]