Performance Adaptations

Proud2beloud

TDI
2001 Golf 2door silver
I have been reading the forums for a long time now and have seen all sorts of adaptations you can do with a VAG-COM. I recently purchased a VAG-COM and want to do as many adaptations as possible. I tried searching for a thread describing all the adaptations, but either they were too specific or too general. This is why I'm posting this in the performance section because I only want to get a list of adaptations with desired settings regarding general performance and not a bunch of links please. I read a bunch of threads with people saying that they wished something like this existed so I'm hoping we can make a list here or if someone is feeling really energetic maybe adding a section in the FAQ stating VAG-COM specific adaptations. Thanx for any input

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
login using 12233
go to adaptation
go to block 21
enter "make my car fast" in test value.
test
should now read "your car is fast as hell buddy"
save stored value

I'm just kidding if you cant tell.

I second the question though, some good power mod adaptations like specified boost override or somthing like that would be cool.

good question.

{edit: changed you're to your
}

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
Really the only vagcom adaptation that will help you in terms of power is the Injected Quantity adaptation. Get the I.Q. as low as possible without experiencing the "slow-down shudder". If your pump is set very lean this might get you a couple HP.

But that's about it!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Injection quantity as noted above (group 1), idle speed (group 2??), intake air quantity - this is the one that affects EGR operation (group 3), are the only ones in the engine controller that are useful. Before you go rummaging around and discover something that you shouldn't be doing, don't ever touch injection timing (group 4).