CR140 Power: Round One

cooper426

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exc. 2001 Golf TDI
Rub87 do you have just one muffler or did you add a second? I am wondering where i can put my second muffler. At the moment i have only hav one muffler after the downpipe. I was thinking of putting another where the onriginal was, behind the axle.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
the car had originally only a muffler in the rear, now I added in the middle of the car one like it is done on a golf mk3, it actually is a golf mk3 afn muffler =) (long narrow thing)

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
Plastic manifold.... Don't think so buddy today put down 1102hp on his turbo 2.5 rabbit with plastic manifold

I put down 195whp/385wtq today uncorrected in Denver Colorado so elevation is a biotch

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
front wheel looks like my ibiza before I put poly bishungs in there =) they didnt want to dyno it because the wheel went too far forwards and went off the rollers :p

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I put down 195whp/385wtq today uncorrected in Denver Colorado so elevation is a biotch
Now do you see why I recommended a CR TDI over any of the older ones in your thread a while ago?

I'd love to get my hands on a 2010 6 speed cup car and have some fun....

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
what fun can you put together for my 2010 TDiCup 6spd? I havent put in the Amarok/T5 injectors yet (I have them). Is the 3L Toureg fuel pump a direct bolt in?

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
what fun can you put together for my 2010 TDiCup 6spd? I havent put in the Amarok/T5 injectors yet (I have them). Is the 3L Toureg fuel pump a direct bolt in?
Ah, now here's some good stuff!! So there are some OE upgrade options out there for the cr cars?

What can you get out of the cr engines with only tune and turbo? Again, in a car where DPF won't be a limiting factor. Are the injectors and hpfp the limiting factors?

Storx, you got a thread that discusses the upgrades you've made?

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
matt pm'd me back and thought I should get 240-250 smokeless with the T5 injectors, my exhaust and tune. (exhaust only for the reduced EGT) my FMIC will help the EGT's also

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
matt pm'd me back and thought I should get 240-250 smokeless with the T5 injectors, my exhaust and tune. (exhaust only for the reduced EGT) my FMIC will help the EGT's also
WHP? Wow. Without a turbo upgrade?!

I'm confused why a 16v pd exhaust manifold won't bolt up to a cr. Would ryanp's manifold not work? Are the cr turbos electronic actuator or vacuum?

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
240-250HP
WHP? Wow. Without a turbo upgrade?!
In a 2011 VW Jetta CR TDI I have seen boost creep at a little over 170whp with a turbo-back 3" straight-thru exhaust.

The N75 was at 0% at ~3700+ RPM. It's virtually impossible to eliminate boost creep unless a larger turbo goes in, or power is reduced a bit.

With 240-250hp boost creep may be inevitable. i.e. it may not be safe or practical with the stock turbo.

Fortunately it's not too difficult to install a larger turbo :) At the time of this writing, custom fabrication is required to install a decent sized turbo upgrade.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm prety sure you have the same 1900mbar stock hpfp like I have the 2010+ CR went to lower mbar units for production cost and will require an hpfp upgrade I would imagine on my stock h pfp and injectors there is a ton of more fuel left for power. I have an very aggressive tune they puffs black smoke on startup as well while wot.... my egt limit was raised and on the dyno with an 43f temp day I pegged 950c temps from 3k rpms all the way to redline

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
In a 2011 VW Jetta CR TDI I have seen boost creep at a little over 170whp with a turbo-back 3" straight-thru exhaust.

The N75 was at 0% at ~3700+ RPM. It's virtually impossible to eliminate boost creep unless a larger turbo goes in, or power is reduced a bit.

With 240-250hp boost creep may be inevitable. i.e. it may not be safe or practical with the stock turbo.

Fortunately it's not too difficult to install a larger turbo :) At the time of this writing, custom fabrication is required to install a decent sized turbo upgrade.
Malone I need to get with you on maybe modifying my tune on all 3 pulls I spiked 31psi @ 2300 rpms then it tapers back down to 26pis and holds that solid.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I am waiting for the bigger turbo setup as soon as Kyle finishes it. The only problem I am having is its spikes 31 psi then it bounces tell the boost gets under control. Also I noticed I dropped a significant amount of tq when I unhooked exhaust from stock pipe and dyno off just the downpipe. Do u know if my tune is setup more for factory exhaust or full flow?

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, I will after I get back from my road trip. Leave this Sunday for 30 days to drive the entire country to see family I not seen in a long time since been in the military. I will be putting about 3700 miles on the car... Hopely by then Kyle will have the big turbo kit ready for me.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Id be watching those EGTs man, thats nasty high! Good on the run though, looking forward to more updates on this. Have fun!

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not to worried about it... It doesn't get that high driving it normal... And my tune is setup to stop boosting past 950c but the turbo is rated for much higher egt so a few seconds shouldn't hurt it..also I'm going bigger soon so the trial and error should be fun

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
If it gets to 1700*F+ by 3000 rpms, you may be well beyond that by the time you're at redline. You need a gauge with a higher limit.

You know when you see your fam you won't "drive it like normal" when they ask to take a ride. I'd be careful with those EGTs.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Egt was taken from vag-com log and when I drive in the mountains or pull my atv I not seen danger egt the only time I did was on the dyno and even that was only on the last few runs. The first 2 runs barely got above 850c.... The worst run was the 7th run and it pulled just as hard as the last 6 runs. Also something to consider is the IC actually didn't show much heat soak. The first 3 pulls were downpipe with stock exhaust flapper back and last 4 were with just downpipe and all 4 were within 5% of each other